KILLERHURTZ AUDIO

• Gingernuts
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 11 months ago #18425 by Gingernuts
KILLERHURTZ AUDIO was created by Gingernuts
PIC OF THE RIG I TOOK OUT ON FRIDAY: 4 LAB HORNS, 2 PD LOADED USB'S, 4 MX 350'S PD/B&C LOADED. POWERED BY 2 INFA 8 MK2'S, QSC PL 2.0, RMX 850, DBX 480. OLD SKOOL EVENT SL2 HEADLINERS, SLIPMATT COMENTED ON HIS SATURDAY NIGHT RADIO SHOW AS THE LOUDEST SOUNDSYSTEM HE'S EVER HEARD IN A PUB....OPS!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #18426 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Re: KILLERHURTZ AUDIO
Nice!!!!!! everything go good?

More
11 years 11 months ago #18429 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Re: KILLERHURTZ AUDIO
anjoor, yes it was a good event, had a few early issues with the system but had it sounding very nice with in an hour.... and was only used at about half power...... B) As allways great fun night with Ben killerhurts and the music took me back to my teenage years....

More
11 years 11 months ago #18436 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Re: KILLERHURTZ AUDIO
One of the things i have come to notice is the difference between the volumes of laptop djs and then cdj djs , gain settings still kept out of the naughty red lights but way louder than the laptop dj,s. Do you have to jump all over it when you see a change in dj format?

• Gingernuts
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 11 months ago #18438 by Gingernuts
Replied by Gingernuts on topic Re: KILLERHURTZ AUDIO
As Bee said I had a few little tweaks to sort out, however this was the first outing for the Labs (delivered tuesday so still unpainted!) and although the kick/mid-top section had been ran through SMARRT and used before it was a first for this venue.You may of noticed by the pic the cealing was quite low with beams every 20ft or so. Because the HF was sitting at around 8ft the further away from the system the more audio content was lost, I compensated for this with a little boast around 10k region and cut around 3K I do however think some extra 1" comps will be added eventualy to boast 5K upwards.

The DJ's were using Vinyl all night apart from SL2 who have thier own digital mixing product, a bit like tractor/serato. The quality in Vynil ranged from how old/ what condition it was kept in, not allot I could do really and although the system was sounding good it was hard to keep a constant that you find with digital. I'm now looking for a venue to sound check in, and some horns for my BMS 4550's to place above the B&C De85's.

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds