paudio BM-D450

• steve_b
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #1529 by steve_b
paudio BM-D450 was created by steve_b
Does anyone Know where I can get some replacement diaphragms from for the Paudio BM-D450 compression driver?

Admittedly I have only tried a few times but have never been able to get through to PAP. From what I have read, this is not unusual. If a company is struggling to answer the phone I would be concerned that they would process the order accurately and promptly. I know that everything may work out fine, but as a potential customer the perception puts me off.

Last Monday (early hours of the morning so well before the same day dispatch deadline) I saw that Blue Aran had some in stock so ordered on line. My credit card was promptly debited and my online account said that the order was paid for and ready. On Friday I phoned to check what was the delay was. I was told there were non in stock. After asking why the web site had them listed at the time of my order I was asked to wait for a moment after which I was told that the parts would be dispatched later that day.

I just phoned up again, a week after placing the order, to be told that there were non in stock so I cancelled the order.

If someone made a mistake updating the web site and they never had any in stock why did they not email me before debiting my credit card? Then again why was I told that they would be dispatched on Friday? I realise that mistakes happen (see below) but I don't appreciate having my money taken unless I am provided with the goods. Nor do I appreciate waiting in for goods that will never arrive.

For anyone wondering about the long term reliability of the BM-D450s, don't. As a little tip however, anyone that uses a digital crossover with several user pre-sets for different systems. Make sure that the factory pre-set immediately after your last user setting isn't on full-range for all the outputs. [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1569 by ajw
Replied by ajw on topic paudio BM-D450
As a matter of interest what is the comp driver fixing, screw thread or bolts and what frequency do you cross at. I may have a cheap alternative for you with way better sound.

Tony

[email:2pxnki7c]info@forteaudio.eu[/email:2pxnki7c]

• steve_b
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #1591 by steve_b
Replied by steve_b on topic paudio BM-D450
They are the bolt on compression drivers, crossed over at 2,5KHz with a 24dB/oct LR filter. I've had them fitted to a B&C ME10 horn with an old Fane studio 12b for the bottom end and am using them as stage monitors

I've temporary replaced the BM 450s with some B&C DE250s but want to use them for another project.

Your alternatives sound intriguing and I'm always keen to try out different drivers. I'd still like to resurrect the Paudio as well though.

Thanks.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1707 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic paudio BM-D450
Hi steve_B I have the same CD, I paid for the replacement diaphrams 38 euros. I don't know if it's the original one but I'm sure that it's titanium diaphrams.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds