file FSP Subwoofer Shootout ! (24-25/05/08)

15 years 9 months ago #1143 by csg
Replied by csg on topic FSP Subwoofer Shootout ! (24-25/05/08)
shame i couldent get to this - sounds like it was interesting and a good laugh as well.

ill definately try to make it if these is another - and if im free, so is my rig. I would love to hear how my nexo si2000 ported horns sound compared with chris's. mine are not home grown by any means but it would be good to have a comparison between the 2.

ps - hbl, if you are reading this, how did your hogs get on last night. got stuck at this boring conference i'm lighting at the moment, so could not make it down. We might have to doanother when ive got the 21's ready to go. any complaints from the neighbours?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #1145 by boycey
Replied by boycey on topic FSP Subwoofer Shootout ! (24-25/05/08)
am i being a bit thick or does it not say anywhere how much juice the cabs are getting on the plots? or is it irrelevant?

this

15 years 9 months ago #1212 by mylesound
Replied by mylesound on topic FSP Subwoofer Shootout ! (24-25/05/08)
So Im guessingthe red line on the plot is the 15" horn. Looks rather intresting... whats the situation for the plans?

15 years 9 months ago #1215 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic FSP Subwoofer Shootout ! (24-25/05/08)
The measurement system wasn't calibrated for SPL so it's all just relative. We did try to calibrate and at 1W/1m I think the ported horns were close to the simulated midband efficiency of 105dB/1W/1m for a single.

Regarding the plans, I don't know at the moment. I don't normally like releasing complete plans but I don't mind giving some hints if you want to do something similar.

15 years 9 months ago #1220 by jsg
Replied by jsg on topic FSP Subwoofer Shootout ! (24-25/05/08)

chaudio wrote: It really depends what you're using them for. For smaller systems and especially indoors the single 15" cabs will probably have the edge but for doing live bands in larger rooms and outdoors the twin 12" boxes really come into their own.

Thanks for the comments, nice for someone else to confirm that you're heading the right way!

Those 2*12 tops certainly prove you don't need mid horns - and that tops don't need to weigh a ton either.

Ars est celare artem

15 years 8 months ago #2627 by arksystems
Replied by arksystems on topic FSP Subwoofer Shootout ! (24-25/05/08)
Been waiting patiently for the plots?Any news Chris...Would love to see how the martin H350 performed and the 215..and my frankenhorn..please

Dave Martin is alive and living in my kitchen.

8 years 4 months ago #23063 by fostex-sascha
Replied by fostex-sascha on topic FSP Subwoofer Shootout ! (24-25/05/08)
I would like to have the plans for the ported horns. Are the plans to have?
would be very happy if someone can send me.

Greeting Sascha