mid horn help

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #1116 by bee
mid horn help was created by bee
Ive not finished my current build yet but, Ive got the building bug!. I would like to further my knowledge in horn loaded mid speakers, and my question is, is there a formula to work out the rear chamber size for a new design build. ie, if i where to use a pd speaker (model a) the rear box volume would be!, or void etc. My second question is most wooded mid flares i have seen have a rectangleor square baffle opening. What is the advantage of having a round baffle opening like most fiberglass ones. Edited by: bee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #1140 by
Replied by on topic mid horn help
Just make the enclosure on the back of the driver as small as possible.. that's all there is to it.

A mid flair ideally starts round and smoothly opens out to a square / rectangle... the wood designs are that way for ease of build, with fibreglass you can get closer to the ideal.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #1142 by bee
Replied by bee on topic mid horn help
Thanks adam im working on a new design as we speak. Ill post my ideas up as soon as.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #1192 by bee
Replied by bee on topic mid horn help
How do you calculate the correct baffle opening size for a horn!. Is it hit and miss or is there a formula. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just on a quest to learn.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #1209 by
Replied by on topic mid horn help
Unfortunatly a formula is needed... You need to work out the compression you want at the throat.. If your using a phase plug this changes again... You should read Centauris website... I'll dig a link out for you when I'm not posting from a phone.

Cheers, a.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1339 by flat-bill
Replied by flat-bill on topic mid horn help
Hello sir, well firstly horn design is both similtaneously more complicated and also far simpler that you'de think. getting a grasp on it isnt quite as simple as a short post on a forum. For a bit of interesting reading check out diyaudioprojects.com/Technical/<wbr>Papers/Horn-Loudspeaker-Design-Part-1.pdf</span>

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.

• bee
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #1409 by bee

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds