file Question facebook

10 years 11 months ago #19741 by Finlay
Question facebook was created by Finlay
Hi everybody. A friend of mine has asked me to create an extra Facebook account because he couldn’t manage to do it himself (he’s not a computer buff). Okay, “how hard can it be?” I thought: a new e-mail address and some personal info and it’s a done deal... except it didn’t go that way. I created one and once I created it I got a pop-up notice that asks me to confirm the account with a text message. Could it be the IP? With a new e-mail address, a different IP and it still did the same thing; even when I deleted my cookies and changed the browser I got the chance to create another account, but then the same problem reoccurs; I tried to reboot the computer but nothing changes, but I’m convinced that by changing the computer I would bypass the problem, at least in the beginning, and then it would come back. At this point it’s almost like Facebook knows that I’m trying to create an extra account rather than treating me like a first-time user. Do you guys have any idea what parameters Facebook uses to determine when they ask you or don’t ask you to involve your telephone? And how could they connect to FB in, for example, an internet cafe? Do they have to enter their cell phone number?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #19761 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Re: Question facebook
Normal FB security will request confirmation of identity, if logging in from new device.

Maybe try creating new FB account, on the person's hardware.

Will require phone number. Suggest locate free PYG sim, and stick it in old phone for this.

No way FB getting my contract number, B)

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

9 years 5 months ago #22155 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic Question facebook

Finlay wrote: Hi everybody. A friend of mine has asked me to create an extra Facebook account because he couldn’t manage to do it himself (he’s not a computer buff). Okay, “how hard can it be?” I thought: a new e-mail address and some personal info and it’s a done deal... except it didn’t go that way. I created one and once I created it I got a pop-up notice that asks me to confirm the account with a text message. Could it be the IP? With a new e-mail address, a different IP and it still did the same thing; even when I deleted my cookies and changed the browser I got the chance to create another account, but then the same problem reoccurs; I tried to reboot the computer but nothing changes, but I’m convinced that by changing the computer I would bypass the problem, at least in the beginning, and then it would come back. At this point it’s almost like Facebook knows that I’m trying to create an extra account rather than treating me like a first-time user. Do you guys have any idea what parameters Facebook uses to determine when they ask you or don’t ask you to involve your telephone? And how could they connect to FB in, for example, an internet cafe? Do they have to enter their cell phone number?
Thank you

Just my thinking, but if it were my friend I would tell them not to ask me to violate the one account policy for them. If they are really your friend they shouldn't ask you to do that!