Admin, can we have a Roots & Culture Forum ?

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #9642 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Admin, can we have a Roots & Culture Forum ?

NITZ V1505 wrote: +1
We need a Rootical forum on here smiley32 .

Waiting for the new forum name, but could possibly be broken down into sub forums like Pre-amp, Soundfx, Events, SystemPics, General ?

If the "trolling" could be controlled, I'm sure some more of the top system owners would comment.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9643 by bitzo
if these sections will be created I hope we don't loose the good behaviour of exchanging knowledge. In other forum many people give judgement (positive or negative) but not a real technical reason to that. Here is different, I found many answers, explained clearly, technically, not only a personal point of view, a really knowledge sharing. This is rare.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9644 by bee

More
13 years 7 months ago #9648 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Admin, can we have a Roots & Culture Forum ?
YES. Real world experience, not rumour.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #9654 by levyte357

nickyburnell wrote: YES. Real world experience, not rumour.

Don't forget, in the Roots soundsystem world, very few "top" system owners will comment on forums about their technical decisions, otherwise many would clone their sets, and get similiar results with no research.. smiley36

Consider this example.. Recently Jah Voice And Touch Above clashed.

You may want to know exactly what happened, and who had technical issues. Most likely the 2x system owners won't comment on a forum, so you need an account from someone who was there. Still rumour/hearsay.

A Roots system might change their sub amps/drivers, again only telling close friends why. So on a forum it is left to speculation. Most likely someone who heard the set sounding bad before the amp/sub change, and now heard it sounding heavy. So obvious conclusion is owner unhappy with previous subs/amps.

Again unofficial hearsay/rumour, but logical conclusion.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9655 by bitzo
I get the "no comment" position and I understand why but it isn't the point. Let me say it's correct to ask what I have to do in this case and why have to do that....but I don't have to ask what do you do in yours setup. I mean...don't comment if you don't want but should be nice explain advice to other "soundman" related to his rig.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #9657 by levyte357

bitzo wrote: I get the "no comment" position and I understand why but it isn't the point. Let me say it's correct to ask what I have to do in this case and why have to do that....but I don't have to ask what do you do in yours setup. I mean...don't comment if you don't want but should be nice explain advice to other "soundman" related to his rig.

True.

And there are plenty of soundman online who like to offer their experience to help.

However there are some things top sounds try to keep hush, that give them an edge, until other people find out by hearsay. Normally funny stuff like a £150 amp, that sounds great on compression drivers, or a 15 year old parametric eq, that sounds almost as good as a Klark. Or their scoop design, that they came up with, by trial and error.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9662 by bee
is it possible to talk roots etc without the bitchin that does go on........... that way it would be in keeping with the rest of the site. friendly, with a great vibe........ no offence ment....... i understand that the systems are of great secret........ but there must be a way of talking tech in a polite way.......... smiley33

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #9664 by levyte357
Roots/dancehall arena can be very competitive, so it's no suprise competiveness will sometimes manifest in arguments.

So it would need mostly free speech, with decent moderation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9691 by jonny4288
Replied by jonny4288 on topic Admin, can we have a Roots & Culture Forum ?
uh oh :P :D

Moderators: levyte357
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds