lock R&C on Lightweight Amps - Power ratings

12 years 5 months ago #15351 by david
Replied by david on topic R&C on Lightweight Amps - Power ratings
DEJA VU STYLE AND FASHION
i started to read speakerplans forum years ago and nothings changed. freespeakerplans/speakerplans/scoop section/amplifier section...same style of threads over and over and over...

come on!!! :lol:
The topic has been locked.
12 years 5 months ago #15352 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic R&C on Lightweight Amps - Power ratings

david wrote: DEJA VU STYLE AND FASHION
i started to read speakerplans forum years ago and nothings changed. freespeakerplans/speakerplans/scoop section/amplifier section...same style of threads over and over and over...

come on!!! :lol:

Couple of things are different here, from SP.

Here's one of them

www.freespeakerplans.com/index.php?optio...opic.php&f=44&t=1294

Pay close attention to Rule No 9.

9 - No trolling. If you don't like R&C based issues or Roots soundsystem chat, don't post here.

Any further posts like this here, and they will be deleted.

Have a nice day. smiley4

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".
12 years 5 months ago #15359 by david
thanks, the day was very nice, as i can just keep on smiling after my subs powered by a single 12kg amplifier provided the bassline to a 500 people crowd for 2 days and nights. as they did for the whole year...
i cant see anything wrong with high power lightweights on dub if they are from a quality brand
i love r&c and soundsystem chat but to go on and on with same "obsession" can make you miss the point
less chat - more dub dances, time for lev to play a session: clean the dust off your amps and...
have a nice torroidal day smiley16
12 years 5 months ago #15366 by levyte357

david wrote: thanks, the day was very nice, as i can just keep on smiling after my subs powered by a single 12kg amplifier provided the bassline to a 500 people crowd for 2 days and nights. as they did for the whole year...
i cant see anything wrong with high power lightweights on dub if they are from a quality brand
i love r&c and soundsystem chat but to go on and on with same "obsession" can make you miss the point
less chat - more dub dances, time for lev to play a session: clean the dust off your amps and...
have a nice torroidal day smiley16

Have invited the "experts" Ren and Tekasis to sessions I was involved in.. No need to prove anything to you here. smiley2

Like I said, if you consider chat about amps in this forum obsessive and not your thing, feel free to demonstrate your dislike by not posting or contributing.

One more post like the above my friend.. :wave:

12 years 5 months ago #15371 by david
of course you dont need to prove anything, i was just curious to know if you have a system and play sessions. obviously you dont...i hope you can have a party or two in the future when you find the perfect scoop/driver/amp combination smiley4
i dont like what levyte writes here, i find some of his advices misleading and i love lightweight amps on subs, hog scoops and not "negative expension" ones, b&c drivers more than pd/turbomax. i dont say this because i wanna be called "expert" (and i'm not)but because i love soundsystem culture.
maybe thats enough to have posts deleted, i'm not going to post more here, dont worry.
no negative feelings...have a nice day
12 years 5 months ago #15372 by levyte357

david wrote: of course you dont need to prove anything, i was just curious to know if you have a system and play sessions. obviously you dont...i hope you can have a party or two in the future when you find the perfect scoop/driver/amp combination smiley4
i dont like what levyte writes here, i find some of his advices misleading and i love lightweight amps on subs, hog scoops and not "negative expension" ones, b&c drivers more than pd/turbomax. i dont say this because i wanna be called "expert" (and i'm not)but because i love soundsystem culture.
maybe thats enough to have posts deleted, i'm not going to post more here, dont worry.
no negative feelings...have a nice day

This is becoming quite a past time, waiting for people to pop up, take a pot shot, and then back to oblivion.

Funny how not so long ago, you were asking on SP, what amps, what drivers, what cabs, and I was one of the few people initially helping you. Now all of a sudden you're an expert, and saying you don't like scoops with "negative expansion", as if you are in a position to tell the 2x apart by hearing them.

Maybe an idea to learn how to spell it first... smiley36

OK, Thanks to David and his personal rant.. smoothly running thread will now be locked.

If anyone wants to restart a new thread on this topic, be my guest.

But as rules state, any personal rants against "anyone", will have same result.

Moderators: levyte357