Wellcome!

More
13 years 6 months ago #9646 by Pasi
Wellcome! was created by Pasi
Hi All!

Welcome to Ohm support and technical info forum. This area is dedicated to Ohm products and any discussions, questions and comments about them. I'm happy to help on any issues like special settings to processing or just general info about some cabinet.

My name is Pasi and at the moment i'm responsible for many new designs for Ohm and i'm also the right person to ask about them and also old products. If i don't know directly something, i'll find it out as soon as possible and get back to it. I will also be sharing my knowledge in here about designs, system engineering and any sound related issues. Next week i will start a "lesson" about sound system tuning and setup including processing, cabling, delays, phases etc.

All that info is proven to work in real life applications, but it isn't the only right way and that is why these info packages are intended to basic guidelines how to reach working results and to be able to study more about sound system engineering.

Best regards,
Pasi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #9647 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Wellcome!
smiley32

More
13 years 6 months ago #9653 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Wellcome!

nickyburnell wrote: smiley32

+1

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
13 years 6 months ago #9663 by NITZ V1505
Replied by NITZ V1505 on topic Wellcome!
smiley20

More
13 years 6 months ago #9665 by Sinfinity
Replied by Sinfinity on topic Wellcome!
Good to see you here Pasi smiley1

More
13 years 6 months ago #9759 by Pasi
Replied by Pasi on topic Wellcome!
Hi again and thanks!

I was in Poland for a week doing couple of projects and site surveys. Managed to do quite nice results, for example cardioidic sub for dancefloor in one club. Basicly no sub behind the array at bar desk but loads of low end in the middle of the dancefloor. All done with new PUKK-218 subs, which have quite nice low end down to 23.5 Hz (-6dB or +-3dB if you prefer it like that) from about 115 Hz. Group delay stays around or under 10ms down to 30Hz so it is fast and accurate at same time.

So, as promised i'l now start working with my "articles" about sound systems. My question is what do you want first? About cabling and setup or directly into time and phase alignments etc. more technical?

Edit: Or perhaps some more info about new Ohm products... ?

More
13 years 6 months ago #9766 by jonny4288
Replied by jonny4288 on topic Wellcome!
Always been a fan of the TRS subs, so would like to see the new ohm products :)

All of your above suggestions would go down well here, and provide some good stickies. The time and phase alignment id be most interested in myself, had a little trouble last gig forgot the measurement microphone took a while to get them sounding half decent with the upper bass and lower bass. Think there was more adjustment needed but worked ok given the time available. Think the placement may have affected it to, the sub bass was to the stage level whilst upper bass was above the subbass but then also above stage height.

*note to self remember microphone next time*

Moderators: Pasi
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds