Crossover points for cubo kick and 15.

• Facedrop15
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #24736 by Facedrop15
Crossover points for cubo kick and 15. was created by Facedrop15
Hi all,

I have a Cubo 15, and am currently working on a building a cubo kick and an mt121 to match. Until now I had just set the crossover point between my midtops and the cubo 15 at 110hz. What should the signal chain look like with a cubo kick incorporated? I'm aware that the kick is designed to peak around 110hz. Does this mean I should have two separate low pass crossovers, one set at 110hz and the other one at some higher point like 200-250?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #24738 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Crossover points for cubo kick and 15.
When talking about crossovers in this situation, it means a low pass (@ 110 Hz) for the Cubo 15 and a high pass (also @ 110 Hz) for the Cubo Kick. The next crossover is a low pass for Cubo Kick and a high pass for the MT121. Most PA rack mounted crossovers (analog and digital) allow to vary the crossover point, so you can test what sounds best to you, that might be 110 Hz and 200 Hz. For the kick 80 Hz or higher and for the MT121 170 Hz or higher are safe.

• Facedrop15
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #24747 by Facedrop15
Replied by Facedrop15 on topic Crossover points for cubo kick and 15.
Thanks for getting back to me, I'll take these points into consideration. I have one more question though Mr Cubo. Would Lorantz C380X/B1/8 be appropriate for the kick? tubeaudio.com.au/content/lorantz/A-C390X-B1-8.pdf

More
3 years 4 months ago #24748 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Crossover points for cubo kick and 15.
Yes, yes and yes.That's a good example of what a kick driver looks like.

Cubo

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds