Passive Crossover Specs, What frequency?

• joshworthy
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #23971 by joshworthy
Passive Crossover Specs, What frequency? was created by joshworthy
Hi,

I've just ordered a pair of Eminence Delta 12 and a pair of Beyma CD10Fe 1" 8 ohm 70W Compression Drivers.

I'm building some single 12" dirver versions of the SMT 212 (SMT112 if you will...)

I'd like to have a crack at buiding my owen passive x-overs for the cabs but I'm not sure where to cross them... I was thinking 3KHz but maybe this is too high?
I'm also wondering how much I need to attenuate the comp driver ? Do I calculate from sensitivity 109db vs 98db?

Or is it better to Biamp and active x over the comp and 12" separately? I'm looking to pick up a dbx drive rack soon and I hope that this will handle it.

Regards,

JOsh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #24052 by sn95
Replied by sn95 on topic Passive Crossover Specs, What frequency?
3k is probably to hi.

More
6 years 7 months ago #24053 by sn95
Replied by sn95 on topic Passive Crossover Specs, What frequency?
Looking at the specs for the Beyma i be looking for a crossover at 1.2 to 1.5k. You will need to keep your 12s at a 9.04 ins center to center.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshworthy

• joshworthy
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #24054 by joshworthy
Replied by joshworthy on topic Passive Crossover Specs, What frequency?
I ended up going with these 3K ones as I was In a bit of a rush to get the project finished for a party in July. www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002DUNF2K/r...1_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1\

I initially found that they sounded a bit shrill and put it down to comp driver being more sensitive that the 12. I ended up getting a driverack 260 and EQing seemed to smooth it out
The following user(s) said Thank You: thaicomip

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds