More wattage for my speakers

• Blobfish4life
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #23432 by Blobfish4life
More wattage for my speakers was created by Blobfish4life
Currently I have 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer plugged into the output of one powered speaker. It does not have enough wattage for all of the speakers so to distribute the sound evenly, all the speakers are really quiet. Does anyone know of a product that I could plug them all into that could give them the correct amount of voltage. I know I could give them each their own power source but most of them don't have cords because most of my purchases are made at the thrift shop. If I could give them their own power source, however, how could I connect all the speakers to have 1 aux cord that I could plug into my computer or phone. I know I am probably such a noob and this is probably really confusing but if you can help that would be great.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #23448 by Kobayashi
Replied by Kobayashi on topic More wattage for my speakers
Can you explain further please ? Do you know if all of these 5 speakers are the same impedance ? ( 8 ohms ) it should state this on a spec plate on the back somewhere . Sounds like you could do with a pre amp / mixer then an amplifier with 4 or 5 outputs ( 1 sub output ) .

If you could put a photo of the back of the speakers up that would be helpful .

Leon . :unsure:

More
7 years 7 months ago #23533 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic More wattage for my speakers
Kobayashi is right Blobfish4life, to really help you more info is needed. Not just what gear do you have (although that is an important part of this), but what kind of a situation you are using it in and the kind of budget you are working with.

You did mention 5 speakers and a subwoofer running of an output from one powered speaker. If you are trying to setup a home theater system you may want to think about a surround receiver.. If you are trying to get the same sound to several areas of the house, you may want a distribution system.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds