FIRST RIG

• kieronriding
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #22962 by kieronriding
FIRST RIG was created by kieronriding
Hello, im looking to build a rig for playing reggae, dub,dnb and a bit of tekno. I was thinking 4 hog scoops, 2 hd215 and 2 mt-102.

Could someone give me a clue of if this fits its job or suggest better options for me.

Cheers in advance

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #22963 by sn95
Replied by sn95 on topic FIRST RIG
Look's good

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #22964 by Rog Mogale
Replied by Rog Mogale on topic FIRST RIG
Yep that would work, but I would not want to play the HD15’s up as high as would be needed to meet the MT102.

I think a 12” driver doing mids would be a better choice, as you could run them down lower. And if you are only ever going to have 2 hogs and an HD15 per side I don’t see the need for a horn loaded mid section. 2 x 12” reflex with a 90 degree HF horn with a 1.5” comp driver would be my DIY weapon of choice for smaller systems.

It would be a far easier build too.

And at a push, you could use a 2 x 12” reflex standalone as FOH or as a DJ monitor. You could not do that with a MT102 or MT212/112.

Another option would be 2 hogs per side with a 2 x 15” reflex with 1.5” comp driver on top. No need for an HD15 then and far more possibilities for future expansion. I used a system like this for many years and it was the system that got used/hired out the most.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Rog Mogale. Reason: ..
The following user(s) said Thank You: b.kov

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds