Making or buying tops for speaker rig?

• kieronriding
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #22517 by kieronriding
Making or buying tops for speaker rig? was created by kieronriding
I have been looking for some mid tops for my speakers, i am not sure what my best option is? Do i go and buy some or do i make some. if i was to buy some i would be looking at buying 2 Behringer B115D active speakers. if i was making i would be making 2 SMT-212's, the reason i was thinking at buying rather than making is because i am an apprentice so i only have a small wage coming in each month. if i was looking to get the Behringer B115D's it would cost me about 220 pounds each and are active so no extra cost of an amp to go with. If i was to go with the option of making them i would have to pay to get all the wood cut then the price for each driver then the price of the amp aswell. what sounds like the best thing to do? also if you have a better suggestion of speaker that the Behringer B115D let me know(must be in this price range though).
THANKS, I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #22538 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Making or buying tops for speaker rig?
If you're always going to use subs I would buy the B112D instead. It's better suited as top cabinet as it's 15" counterpart and will probably sound better as well due to it's capability of meeting the compression driver better at it's crossover. Stand alone the 15" will be more impressive.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds