PA speaker

• Konrad
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #21674 by Konrad
PA speaker was created by Konrad
Hello Everybody !

I am new to speakers, however I have this project that I would like to realize, I was wondering if you could help me figure out what I would need to make it real

I want to build this speaker, it will be a big one, the question that I have would be where I should put the speakers, how many I would need, so it gives a equal spread of sound, however I was thinking if I could do it with two big PA speakers on each side, however would I need other small speakers as well ?

It would be great if I could find out what components I should buy, to make this work.

I am attaching a picture!

Thank you for your Time!

Konrad

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #21677 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic PA speaker
1 large driver per side will not cover an acceptable frequency range. It would seem from your diagram that you want a very large sub and then a smaller speaker on top. If you wish to keep it simple, you could do a large sub, and then a reflex mid top. The dimensions you are giving won't fit through all doors. I try not to make speakers wider than 636 on at least one plane so that they will fit through single doors. Also, a very large box like that may get you lower frequencies, but they will likely reduce your potential SPL. Perhaps a dual 18 reflex like a Gsub would satisfy? Bonus would be that stacked sideways it would put the mid top near head height. Then for a mid top a simple reflex 10 or 12 and 1. If you want to do horn loaded speakers you may need more bands and you will need more processing for timing alignment.

• Konrad
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #21679 by Konrad
Replied by Konrad on topic PA speaker
Thanks very much for your response and advices ! I will look into it and keep you posted of the result !

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds