Bass Bin Advice re: powered by H & H VX1200 amp

• Adrift01
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #18879 by Adrift01
Hi

Im new to PA systems, I have a bit of experience using them but would really appreciate some advice.

Im hoping to build a system (2-3k) for small venues using a recently obtained H&H VX1200 for bass and a newer amp for full range/mid tops.
I have been looking at some of the plans on the site and would like to build one or two bins with fairly small footprints using 18" drivers. Ideally I would like the bins to be as close to a 30hz cutoff as possible, so the system is useable for bass driven dance music.
I dont know which would be better, a driver like the Eminence Kilomax (which apparently rules out a horn enclosure?), or two drivers housed in two cabs with smaller power ratings, ie PD series 700w or similar. I plan to run the amp bridged, (i understand it be 8ohm in mono) would the amp struggle to power two 700w drivers? (heres the spec for anyone unfamiliar with the amp: www.hhamplification.co.uk/dbfiles/techpdfs/mosfetvx.pdf )

The larger Cubo design suitable for a 21" driver looked like it may achieve the desired frequencies with 18" drivers mounted with the magnet in the horn. From my understanding of things it wouldnt be possible to use a single Kilomax in one of these enclosures to deliver the power.

If anyone on the forum can share their knowledge and experience I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Adrift01. Reason: my bad punctuation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.781 seconds