file Building a system: Starting small, going big. Outdoor, 50+

12 years 2 months ago #16506 by niftyg
Hey everyone,

I'm quite new to the forum but have done tons of research on DIY speakers, etc. so I know a bit of what I'm talking about.

I'm looking to build a system that would probably start with 50 people parties and go all the way to 200+. Most parties will be outdoors but we will do some indoor ones occasionally.

I want it to be very loud, very high quality sound, and I want the bass to be able to drop to at the very minimum of 35hz. Preferably 30hz.

Portability is nice, but isn't the #1 concern.

The crowd I want to target is the first 100ft of the dance floor (without blowing their ears off, but giving them a bass massage)

I do have a low budget to start with, but if it sacrifices quality I'll just wait until I have enough money to buy high quality gear.

We'll be playing a little bit of everything: dubstep, bassline, various house music, drum & bass, breaks.

I've taken a fair look at speaker plans.com and from what I've seen there, gsubs and x12s suite what I'm looking for quite well. I just want to see what you folks have to say about the plans over here.

So what do you folks suggest I start building? I know very skilled wood workers so complex builds aren't an issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #16511 by bee

12 years 2 months ago #16514 by niftyg
Budget would be starting at approx. $2000 CAD.

Driver brands available:

Easy to get:

Eminence, B&C (Easy to get from Canada, where I live)

Hard to get:

Beyma, EV, Faital Pro, Fane, 18 Sound, RCF, P.Audio (all from the US)

12 years 2 months ago #16515 by joeysub
G subs with plenty of power sound good for small outdoor events , b&c would be the better choice of drivers but theres emi drivers u can use aswell!

Love ur profile pic by the way , hope the donkey has earplugs lol smiley36

12 years 2 months ago #16516 by bee
why not look at the b&c sub 18 box, run 1 a side, with 1 12" reflex top aside, this will cover 100 people easy...... that would give you a very compact rig and one that you can make bigger.....

12 years 2 months ago #16517 by joeysub
±1 on that , be dam cheaper than building g subs!