file cubo 15 ciare

12 years 2 months ago #16279 by john1234
cubo 15 ciare was created by john1234
hi do you think the cubo 15 we work well with the ciare sw15.00 driver has i have 2 gathering dust

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #16295 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic cubo 15 ciare
Hi John,

The 15.00SW works best in Cubo 15 Extra Extended (very low Vas). It's not a very efficient driver, in return it takes plenty of power. It would need about 1.5 times the power to reach the same SPL as a more regular driver, though it will still be 2 - 4 dB more efficient then the same driver in a typical reflex cabinet. It's aided valua might be that it displaces a lot of air.

Best regards

Cubo

12 years 2 months ago #16445 by john1234
Replied by john1234 on topic cubo 15 ciare
built one today not had chance test it yet tho what freq would you say would suit my choice of driver best all so does it need adelay and the extension part does it go sqare to the baffle or up a touch itt doesentsay on the plan

12 years 2 months ago #16447 by bee
Replied by bee on topic cubo 15 ciare
yes the extended bit goes square to the baffle...... a 40hz high pass should keep the driver safe.....

12 years 2 months ago #16448 by john1234
thanks thats how i made it got abit worried then....got aday of testing now and see how it sounds see how it compares to my jbl's double 15

12 years 2 months ago #16449 by bee
smiley20 as for a delay none should be needed, it acts like a reflex........

12 years 2 months ago #16450 by john1234

just gotta sand and round over edges next oh and paint tested one today and im very pleased with the sound warm to i wouldnt mind earing the 18" cubo i might knock one up

12 years 2 months ago #16451 by bee
pm Ben Ember on this forum he has 8 of the cubo 18 extended versions up for sale.......

www.freespeakerplans.com/index.p ... =13&t=2135

12 years 2 months ago #16452 by bee
lol was looking at your pic of your build, and my little girl was watching well looking over my shoulder, and said look daddy they do pink speakers....... see can you get me some......... lol.

12 years 2 months ago #16453 by john1234
i think i phoned him twice about some jbl's he had for sale and if its the same guy he hasent got back to me
.............lol girls speaker there called ..iv painted them like that to blend in with the rides more there only small infill tops 1x12" and a bullet sound nice tho smiley20