First Build :Advice please ! 3k pa rig

• xntricity
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #16100 by xntricity
First Build :Advice please ! 3k pa rig was created by xntricity
Hi People ,
this is my first post so will keep short ! :lol:

Im planning to bulid a 3k rig for my 5 piece band .

2 X bass bins and 2 X mid/high tops , hoping to keep as compact as possible and keep the speakers top spec.

Budget would be 1400 euro.i will use a digital management system so no passive crossover needed.

I have electronics backround and some construction experience. Any Ideas where i should start, there is mountains of info here, i just want to find someone that has built similar rig and copy them haha

Thanking you smiley20

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 11 months ago #18182 by thepersonunknown
Replied by thepersonunknown on topic First Build :Advice please ! 3k pa rig
i had a similar rig in melbourne, only with 2x bass bins. i used EV dominator tops which are a right relic and i wish i had some pictures but for your cas i would recomend a simple 2x 12 and horn top like the x12 on speakerplans. for the bass go reflex. in this particular rig in melbourne i had 2x 15 subs. they were great. they kicked hard and ran up to the minimum 100hz i needed for the dominators, but at the same time played well low enugh. i dont have the plans anymore but the were quite a big cab with delta (V) baffles, which allowed for tapered ports. anyway i dont have the plan but this is simple enogh to do, and using 15s meens u can tighten the budget a bit.

• thepersonunknown
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 11 months ago #18183 by thepersonunknown
Replied by thepersonunknown on topic First Build :Advice please ! 3k pa rig
on second thoughts the cubo15s on this site might be what u need for subs. u might even be able to get away with just 1 per side. ive been eyeing them for a while now

More
11 years 11 months ago #18184 by bee

More
11 years 11 months ago #18187 by Gingernuts
Replied by Gingernuts on topic First Build :Advice please ! 3k pa rig
Cubo 18's extended version. Load them with 1850's and enjoy....then add more when you need, I was running 8 loaded with PD's and they spanked every venue we took them too. I'm sure Bee will second this, he did build them after all!

More
11 years 11 months ago #18188 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic First Build :Advice please ! 3k pa rig
picked all my bits all cut to size for my Cubo 15" extended today am thinking about doing a custom paint job on these as they wont be gigged too often

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds