Do I need an ultradrive ?

• moonstomp
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #16005 by moonstomp
Do I need an ultradrive ? was created by moonstomp
Just purchased pair double 18 cabs to use for bass/sub , I'm pairing them up with pair of FBT 7sa'active speakers [ 900 watt amps ], will I need something as complicated as a behringer ultradrive or will I get away with something simpler for the crossovers ? analogue ? would an amp with low pass filter do the job for me , budget is an issue but would maybe like to add to the system in the future...Thanks in advance calum/Moonstomp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #16006 by saul
Replied by saul on topic Do I need an ultradrive ?
are the FBT speaker reflex?

if so, you'll probably just get away with a simple 2 analogue way xover. - can be had very cheap.

if you intend on doing more in the future, dcx might be worth it for the money they can be had for second hand - pretty useful to have them around...

• moonstomp
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #16010 by moonstomp
Replied by moonstomp on topic Do I need an ultradrive ?
The FBt are reflex think they've got a b & c 15 inch driver plus compression driver , I'm tempted to keep eye out for an ultradrive but if something cheaper will do in the mean time , probably only use the bass bins 4/5 times a year , now I've got to decide on an amp/amps to drive them which opens up a host of questions., maybe I'd be better puttting the cash for an ultradrive into the amp budget ? Thanks for the reply

More
12 years 4 months ago #16012 by saul
Replied by saul on topic Do I need an ultradrive ?
in that case, just grab a 2 or 3 way xover off ebay, dbx or something

More
12 years 4 months ago #16039 by pwoody
Replied by pwoody on topic Do I need an ultradrive ?
avoid behringer like the plague imo, the initial cost savings are not worth the cost when they fail mid gig, or post gig, or pre gig. if all front loaded reflex then just get some analog x-over to do the job for you and save for a decent starter unit or eq, drive rack pa or a 231. look around your local production companies and see if you can find some b-stock they want to flip.

More
12 years 4 months ago #16043 by bee

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds