Anyone know where to get metel mesh grills??????

• 5150mk
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #15296 by 5150mk
I have some nice birch cabs i built and i want to have a full faced grill, not the circle car audio looking grill, i want from the top to the bottom full faced metal mesh grill. I need the size to be roughly 2 feet by 4 feet and black is preffered but i could paint them also, anybody know where to find such a thing? You would think with all the commecial speaker building companies out there that there would be suppliers for this stuff. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!! I cant be the only guy out there building cabs that requires grills or that wants a full faced grill!!! Thanks in advance for any help, i hope to hear from somebody, i post different things on forums and never get replies, i hope this site is different!!! I have some nice birch cabs i built and i want to have a full faced grill, not the circle car audio looking grill, i want from the top to the bottom full faced metal mesh grill. I need the size to be roughly 2 feet by 4 feet and black is preffered but i could paint them also, anybody know where to find such a thing? You would think with all the commecial speaker building companies out there that there would be suppliers for this stuff. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!! I cant be the only guy out there building cabs that requires grills or that wants a full faced grill!!! Thanks in advance for any help, i hope to hear from somebody, i post different things on forums and never get replies, i hope this site is different!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15298 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Anyone know where to get metel mesh grills??????
markieh at btopenworld.com
(Spam aware display)

Obviously use it with the @ sign

Markie is the man for grills, tell him size, if you want powder coat, pay him, they arrive.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15299 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Anyone know where to get metel mesh grills??????
Markie seems to be the man for grills. However, you will find that all branded speaker manufacturers have their own suppliers. These suppliers are usually Fabrication companies or Metal bashers. There's always one or two on Industrial estates. If it's only a few grills for your own equipment, I would give Markie a call.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
12 years 6 months ago #15311 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Anyone know where to get metel mesh grills??????
Thats OK, we're glad to help

• 5150mk
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #15322 by 5150mk
Hey thanks guys, i contacted him and he had very good rates, the only bad thing is, is i forgot to mention im on the other side of the great big pond!! Im in USA and he informed me he was in the UK, so the shipping was a bit more than expected, especially considering the size and weight of the grills, not really the price i was hoping, i did end up checking with a local welding shop and got exactly what i was looking for. Thanks guys for the replies, a very good contact for future reference

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds