Cabinets for Paudio HP-15W

More
13 years 2 months ago #11477 by e1000
Cabinets for Paudio HP-15W was created by e1000
Hello everyone, my name is Emiliano from Argentina and I'm new here, I'm wanting to do mobile DJ equipment, I have a couple of mid-top speaker 10-inch aluminum (300 RMS) Tweeter Selenium st302 and I have 4 Woofers P Audio HP-15W for the bass, I wonder if they can go on the CUBO15 (I know already calling for an EBP of 100 against 69 of these woofers) so I wonder if there is another plan that will work best, maybe the THAM15s. I want to have bass from 40-60hz to 150hz where my mid-tops will start working. Music in general, mostly electronic and techno, 100 to 200 people. I will use the 4 cabinets with a AMERICAN-DJ V2000 amp (400RMS 4 ohms) below Is data for the woofers and amplifier for you to give me an answer.

Thank you very much everyone!

(Sorry, google translator)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #11545 by e1000
Replied by e1000 on topic Cabinets for Paudio HP-15W
Please somebody answer me, jus to say I`m a st smiley35 id...

More
13 years 2 months ago #11550 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Cabinets for Paudio HP-15W
Be patient, it can take a while for people to pick up on these threads. It then requires someone who may have experience with these components. I, for instance have no experience with cabs made from plans on here, so I cannot comment. However, I'm sure there will be someone who will give you an idea about the suitability of your components.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
13 years 2 months ago #11569 by e1000

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Be patient, it can take a while for people to pick up on these threads. It then requires someone who may have experience with these components. I, for instance have no experience with cabs made from plans on here, so I cannot comment. However, I'm sure there will be someone who will give you an idea about the suitability of your components.

Thanks for the reply Tony, I just thought I was saying somethin that was so wrong that nobody wanted to answer, maybe I will end up with two 200L dual bass-reflex for this woofers because I need to make them work right now, that was te original plan but I wanted to make something more efficient for taking advantage of the 96db W/m from these sperakers.

Regards.

Emiliano.

More
13 years 2 months ago #11575 by Xoc1
Replied by Xoc1 on topic Cabinets for Paudio HP-15W
Hi Emiliano. Looking at the specifications of your speaker drivers I don't think that a tapped horn design is suitable.
I think that you suggestion of a dual reflex cab of 200 litres or so is probably the right way to go with these speakers.
I would suggest that you try mounting the drivers in a manifold, with the drivers mounted so that they oppose each other (and one driver is wired out of phase with the other) This has the advantage of reducing the distortion in the drivers.
This would give you a design similar to the HZ Pukk 215
www.ohm.co.uk/ohm_prod_preview.htm
Have a look at this post on DIYaudio
www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofe ... ost1732692

More
13 years 2 months ago #11586 by e1000
Hi Martin! I´m very familiar with bass reflex cabs, isobaric loading and even with band pass design (once I built a Decware DeathBbox fo my car) but I cant find any info about the manifold kind of loading, I know it acts as a bass reflex coupling both speakers and in the case you mentioned they cancel each other nonlinearities, my question is how small the manifold chamber can be, I think it has to be as small as possible for coupling efficiently and for not to be taken as a bandpass enclosue but I reckon that if th exit of the chamber is smaller than the total sd of the drivers (855 cm2 each) it will act as a compression chamber, is that good? is this part of the design? if it is true what is the realitionship between the exit of the manifold and the total sd of the drivers, maybe 2-1 is ok? the smallest i can get by bolting the speakers from inside the cab is an opening of 36cm x 12cm (1/4 of total sd) that would be good for not wasting space but i dont know if its ok in terms of this design.
Also i would like to know if 200l for the box is ok or it would require more space and if a fs of 40hz is ok too.

Thank you very much for your time!

Emiliano.

More
13 years 2 months ago #11684 by e1000
Anyone?

More
13 years 1 month ago #11738 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cabinets for Paudio HP-15W
Hi Emiliano,

Cubo 15 Standard will work for these speakers but will likely not sound best up to 150 Hz, rather more like up to 125 Hz. In any sort of reflex cabinet these drivers will give the smoothest response in a large cabinet but due to the low Xmax require a non-optimal small enclosure to keep a realistc power handling. Due to the efficiency increase inside Cubo 15 they might just do for the amount of people described, inside a reflex or manifold I'm unsure if it will be sufficient.

The manifold chamber can be simulated in Hornresp. It will act as a low pass filter and if tuned low enough can add gain to the upper response. Dependant upon the dimension of the chamber it will have a high/low tuning and/or a high output/low output. In general, dimensions of the manifold chamber are to small to add usable gain in the intended bandwith.

For more information google PPSL in combination with djk.

Personally I would use a chamber of 40 cm wide, 20 cm high and 40 -45 cm deep. That way the drivers can be mounted from the outiside, keeping the construction as simple as possible.

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 1 month ago #11878 by mngati
Replied by mngati on topic Cabinets for Paudio HP-15W
Hi Emiliano,

Hope you had good plans for the HP-15W. I own 12 of these woofers but since I joined this forum I learned a lot from the likes of Bee/Cubo and Staipe. The knowledge I gained prompted me to remove these woofers from my Bass cabs but they did perform well. There's value for money out of buying these woofers. My first set is 5 years old and still kicks well, almost impossible to blow up- the amp (Hybrid B2200) will always protect/clip without damage to the speaker-good design from Paudio.

Regards

Paul

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds