THAM15 vs.....

• PatricJ
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #10769 by PatricJ
THAM15 vs..... was created by PatricJ
Hello all...

Jason's thread regarding a sub bass enclosure got me thinking about some possibilities for myself, but I didn't want to step all over his thread. So, I started this one. smiley2

I looked at the THAM15 design and really liked it, it looked builder friendly. I think it would be a good build. I'm sure there are some others out there as well...

In The States, what's readily available if you have the dough is any Cerwin Vega folded horn design- they have several types. I have dealt with the 18" design mostly (the 500w RMS one, no doubt). But I've always been pleased with how deep and low it goes. It definitely adds a lot to the music (house).

So what I'm wondering is how the THAM compares to one of these CV's as far as sound goes? Comparable? Better?? Are there other enclosures out there that can do the same as a CV but is a bit more portable, and maybe even a little more back friendly :clap: ?

I'm looking to build something in the future for my sub bass and am exploring ideas for now. I've got a couple cubo 15's that I just built that work pretty well in giving be a bit of punch, but I think I need something additional to get me really "down there".

Thanks for the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds