Please assist greenhorn with sub.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #10394 by Cop
Hi,

I am totally a greenhorn with woofers & therefore need advice from kind people here..i am trying to somehow recreate " music that are heard in disco" at my new home, currently still living with parents..

So, i came across a china webpage that fetures a product that shows..
EDITED Pic shown in the link from china web>
www.tassoaudio.com/productDetail.asp?id=506
Type.................................................Active Port Loaded Sub

Component.................................... 15"¡Á1
Nominal Impedance.......................8¦¸
RMS Power Handling ..................400W
Peak Power Handling ...................800W
AMP Ouput....................................1¡Á600W/8¦¸,RMS
Frequency Response................... 45Hz-250Hz
Sensitivity(1W/1M)......................103dB
Max. SPL.........................................130dB
Dispersions....................................N/A
Dimension HWD(mm)..................765¡Á470¡Á730
Shipping HWD(mm).....................820¡Á520¡Á780(0.33CBM)
NW/GW(Kg)..................................62.6/70.6

I want to know if this type of woofer [is a horn?] capable to produce loud 45Hz?

Because i do not have any experiance with this above type of cab (shown in the above link).

**Currently have this 18" at home (it belongs to my brother) & it gives the lows bout 40Hz. [apologies for crappy pic, hp quality]
During movie, it is not bad, friends that use SVS also commented the same...but music does not give the hard chest punching sound.
(Bass reflex ported woofer?)

Close up>

However, i have this>
which i will be moving together with me when i get keys to my own home..
This give me hard punching sound during trance/techno music but during movie, horrible!!!!! too much mids + some howling sound, do not go low...even some normal songs also sound horrible..no lows..

So, if i buy that china sub (that looks like a horn cab as shown in the link), do i need multiples of them or just a single will do? I read that many of them to get low? Or the specs of that said china sub from link is bulls*it?

I want my own home to have a all rounder,music + movie.

Please advice..
Thanks.

Dennis

Edited again>Port loaded sub VS conventional Vented Sub > which cab give lower Hz at a given louder volume?how much lower can the sub produce?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Cop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #10395 by Cop
Replied by Cop on topic Please assist greenhorn with sub.
I understand many make cabs themselve here. I also would like to but no tools, no space, no time.

However, i can take some plans from here, & ask some woodworks shops to assist me.
Problem is, i do not know which cab is tweak for the lows...furthermore, i would prefer to make it into an active sub, but many website that sell plate-amp do not have powerful amps, even if it does, they do not ship to my country..

i will have headache with the big sub box already,thats why will not really consider getting additional amp like crown/behringer/qsc etc for it.
Any place i can order from that do shipping to SIngapore?

Thanks.

More
13 years 4 months ago #10523 by bbqbill
Replied by bbqbill on topic Please assist greenhorn with sub.
before you go and buy any more speakers, there a few questions you need to ask first. Are you running movies off of dvd, are they network, do you have an eq. are the amps that you are using enough to push your speakers, are the speakers wired in phase, and the list go on. It's easy enough to just throw money at it, but be sure that the money you are spending will end up as a great investment. Alot of this I found out the hard way.

More
13 years 4 months ago #10579 by Cop
Replied by Cop on topic Please assist greenhorn with sub.

bbqbill wrote: before you go and buy any more speakers, there a few questions you need to ask first. Are you running movies off of dvd, are they network, do you have an eq. are the amps that you are using enough to push your speakers, are the speakers wired in phase, and the list go on. It's easy enough to just throw money at it, but be sure that the money you are spending will end up as a great investment. Alot of this I found out the hard way.

Ahhh, a reply..

Source of music > mp3s,cds, dvd..
Yup, i have EQ, also hv a sound processor, dj consol.

I will try to go active.(most of the time).
Unless i got no way but to buy a JBL 2242H driver & fix it into a box.Feeding it with itech or xti amp...but that will be hassel.

Situation for me now is 1 active woofer of mine (looks like horn loading)> somewhat replica of EV's T-18's is pushing too much mids.i think 100Hz -250hz, lowest maybe 70hz? It gives the punch but not much low end. I am thinking to find a cab that can gv me the lows yet maintaining the punch. Preferabley 45hz - 125hz will make me happy.

I wanted to buy/fab a reflex box to put my 15" in> but listening to by younger bro's 18" (in a reflex box) in that type of cab do not give mid bass..so i am caught in between on which type of cab should i actually get.

More
13 years 4 months ago #10725 by bbqbill
Replied by bbqbill on topic Please assist greenhorn with sub.
no crossover? If you have a simple crossover, try to adjust the crossover till you have the mids out of the subs. You can adjust the eq too. It will take some time, but we all have time, as long as you know what you want to hear out of your system. By the way, I play bass and sing and own a pa, not really what I wanted to do, but I got tired of people that owned the p a trying to take over the band.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds