Greetings from JackOAT

• ledjiss
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #24930 by ledjiss
Greetings from JackOAT was created by ledjiss
Hello guys, I'm a noob what it comes to sound design from Portugal, been raving for 10 years, since I arrived at mainland (I am from Azores). And I tought it is time for me to learn more and build my own soundsystem. I found this forum searching for how to build a soundsystem and already have been looking at the designs and I think I'll find great info here. Maybe even a "senpai". 

I listen to all kinds of music, from classical to breakcore. But I would like to build this soundsystem to blast it at some free partys so mainly it would play Tekno, Techno, Jungle, Dub and ocasionly Psytrance.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.  Hugs!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #24932 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Greetings from JackOAT
I think a good beginner system consists of 12" / 1" tops, get the best tops your budget allows, then build your own subs. For the genres named I would look at decent 40 Hz and up, like Cubo 15 or Cubo 18 (or any of the other suitable designs on freespeakerplans). The subs require an amplifier, the tops require another amplifier (or are active themselves), signals separated by an active crossover or sound processor, with a decent high pass for the subs.
After that you can expand and gradually make your system as sophisticated as you like, 12"/1" tops can become DJ-monitors, active 2-way can become active 3-way, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ledjiss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds