Basshead from Ottawa, Canada

• LloydusVonAwesomeSauce
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #24354 by LloydusVonAwesomeSauce
Basshead from Ottawa, Canada was created by LloydusVonAwesomeSauce
Hello from the Great White North!

Short and simple:
  • I'm a basshead and listen to: Deep Dubstep, Dub, DnB, Reggae. but also listen to normal people music like: indie, classic rock (inherited a large 800+ vinyl collection so plenty of oldies)...i'm open minded and like discovering new music.
  • Moved in to a house in the country, neighbors nearby, but they're loud so don't worry them.
  • Have a large garage designed for auto repair and a high ceiling for a lift. The garage is at the back of a long yard. It's about the size of a small club.
  • Looking to build a Bass Rig suitable for small parties and when I'm drunk and want to crank music. I have a few small consumer type systems around the house and need something louder.
  • I'm new to the Bass Rig/PA system world but have been digging for info and reading a lot.
  • I've heard a few systems. Most notably the 40hz Sound System  and loved it's ability to make it hard to breath and rattle my eyeballs. 
  • I want one of my own.
I know it'll take money and time to get to a system similar to the 40hz system but I have to start somewhere. Here's my plan:
Phase one:
  • 2 Cubo Subs Loaded with Eminence Sigma Pro 18" 4ohm with pole mounts
  • 2 used active tops to stick on top of the Cubos (don't know much about these but they would be temporary until I build some MT 130s)
  • Not sure about Amps for the subs and Crossovers but I'm considering these:
    Amps for Cubos:
    - Behringer Europower EP2000
    - Crest Audio Pro-Lite 2.0
    - QSC GXD 4 or 8 (may be overkill with DSP for subs)
    Crossovers:
    - Behringer CX3400 (haven't put much thought into this)
I have a used mixer that should work and assume could plug a laptop into it and maybe a turntable with a pre-amp eventually.

Anyone with feedback on amps for the subs would be appreciated. I've also never heard a Cubo 18" sub so I'm hoping it's good for those sub bass frequencies and can get the pant-legs shaking.

Right now i'm just saving up money and reading as much as I can to avoid needless spending.

I'll try to post some pics once things get moving.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds