Newbie, pico/micro system

More
6 years 5 months ago #24147 by puzo
Newbie, pico/micro system was created by puzo
Hi people

First off thanks to all for such an amazing resource, it’s priceless.

Always seams funny that music quality has increased but sound quality has decreased, so good to,come across people who want th best sound, almost pathologically. Had myself a few different speakers and nothing is quite good enough.

I’m into modular synths and looking for a quality set of speakers to get the best from these very expensive custom synths.

I’d like a decent system but I won’t be allowed it, so looking at smaller set ups that can be passed off as acceptable to the other half. I’d like to make it all portable and 12v, smaller the better really, loud but not a party rig.

I want to make myself a nice little sound system and in the process of learning, lots and fast. I’m looking into a boominator mini v2 and seeing what could be a good companion. Also a halfinator with The cubo12 and kick12 seem really good, although both the cubo12 and the kick may be get too much unwanted attention from the other half

Anyway any recommendations gladly accepted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #24152 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Newbie, pico/micro system
If it's mostly for yourself (or a small group of friends) outside and inside the house, the mini will be loud enough, while probably getting you the most hifi response. The Halfinator is what I would choose if it's for small audiences in, or outside (10 - 25 people). I would add a Cubo 12 (crossed actively at 80 - 110 Hz) if I would like to double that audience.

Best regards

More
6 years 5 months ago #24155 by puzo
Replied by puzo on topic Newbie, pico/micro system
Many thanks, just got to figure out how to power it with batteries. I'm sure you get it a lot, but thanks for sharing your designs, such valuable design, cheers

More
6 years 4 months ago #24174 by Bifrons
Replied by Bifrons on topic Newbie Here
I will be embarking on an audio journey. My near future plans are to build a guitar/bass/keyboard rig. Going to start with a 15" combo for a staring base. Race units will be going into this. Will add satellite cabs for stereo later. Thinking on some vertical 2x10 cabs. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge to be gained here.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds