file Howdy!

7 years 8 months ago #23426 by Thatch
Howdy! was created by Thatch
Texas boy here, thanks for letting me join your club. I am a DIY kind of guy with no skills at all. I suck at math, and therefore electronics and am a poor carpenter, yet I manage to get by. I am just finishing a great kit amp from Japan that I hope will be a great addition to my system. I am strictly a home audio enthusiast but I have some pretty nice toys from Altec, JBL, Ampex etc and am really into high efficiency speakers and tube amps for everything but the bass.
After I finish this kit I need to get out in the Texas heat and cut the parts for some open baffles to fit some JBL 8" Alnico for my mids and after I finish the crossovers I will be ready to let all 8 watts per channel loose on my ears. Sounds puny but my speakers are 98 db and the isobaric subs are on SS, so its all good.
I found this site with a link in a thread on DIYaudio in the subwoofer section. You guys are famous!!
Thatch
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobayashi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #23436 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic Howdy!
Welcome to FSP! Thank you for joining.

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobayashi

7 years 5 months ago #23567 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic Howdy!
Welcome aboard Thatch! BTW, I am in Oklahoma. I thought it an interesting coincidence to be welcoming someone from Texas during the week of the "Red River Rivalry"! Welcome aboard, best to you ....and GO SOONERS!!!