file Greetings to all fellow bass addicts!

8 years 6 months ago #22946 by Synct
Thought I would give myself a quick introduction here, as I feel like I'm probably going to be asking a few questions in the near future!

My name is Mike, I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland, though I I am moving to Glasgow in the next week. I am doing a Masters in Sound for the Moving Image there, my final year after completing my Honours in Sound Design at Abertay Uni a couple of months ago.

I have been pretty obsessed with the techy side of everything music for a long while and after a long time thinking about trying to build my own monitor speakers, I decided that was a pretty stupid idea and I would far rather spend that time and money doing something that is achievable, like building a rig! :evil:

I have experience of helping out running a system that was designed and built by Hector Barraclough and Reay Grant of NCA called Chapel Perilous, which is a mighty beast. 8 subs, 8 mids and 36K of amplification. I certainly dont want to start anywhere near as big as this!

As this is an intro, Im not going to get into asking direct questions about systems here, but my desire is to spend in the region of 5K all in, for the first system.
I am after quality first and foremost. I only really need to be able to satisfy a max of 500 people at a time with the plans our little crew have. Dynamics and Coherence across the spectrum are more to me than final SPL. Though obviously I want it to thump ;)

If anybody would like to help out on this thread, please feel free! However I understand if not and hopefully will speak to some of you on other threads soon :)

Finally, I am looking to incorporate audio reactive LED lighting systems that I have designed into speaker cabinets, here is a little video of the system I designed at uni, and got first for :) Cheers for reading and I look forward to getting to know some you in the future. Peace, one love!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #22947 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic Greetings to all fellow bass addicts!
Hello Mike, interesting project!!

Welcome to FSP !!Thanks for joining

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Synct

8 years 6 months ago #22950 by bee
The following user(s) said Thank You: Synct

8 years 6 months ago #22955 by Synct
Replied by Synct on topic Greetings to all fellow bass addicts!
Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to getting it on the go! Ben I was actually on your site a couple of days ago, I've got your page on FB & get to see all the wicked boxes you build, so I'm chuffed you dig the project! Think I might have to drop you mail on the site if thats all good... B)

8 years 6 months ago #22956 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Greetings to all fellow bass addicts!
Please do, thank you for taking time to look at my work to...