Nw to this, mistake?

• coozer
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #22437 by coozer
Nw to this, mistake? was created by coozer
Hi, my name is Steve and after using the car as my main feed of loud metal I decided i needed something in the house.. this came about in ibiza on holiday when a moblie disco dude in a bar came in with a rig that was seriously bass heaven..

So, after some beer I took the plunge on a pa kit from hifi tower.. mistake I think..

I just did not appreciate the size of the speakers and they look really out of place in the living room.. They are 800w Malone jobs with a 15" driver and the box is big if a little light..

Now I want to design and build a pair of speakers to suit the 1500w skytech amp..

Buillding the boxes isnt a big deal but speccing the drivers is for me being quite new to all this. Its dead easy in the car with the sub box and 6x9's but that has me wondering..

If I build some slim boxes to hold a 10" sub and a pair of 6x9's and a tweeter how do you lot think that would sound in the house?

Also had a look inside the Malone box to see no crossover in there, is it worthwhile adding a filter to at least the tweeter? I have a pair from some components I put in the front of the car??

Thanks,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #22533 by Ilovetheworld
Replied by Ilovetheworld on topic Nw to this, mistake?
How is the skytec amp? Is it good?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds