Rig help

• bigboybunce
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #22225 by bigboybunce
Rig help was created by bigboybunce
So im new to the sound system crowd and am planing on building a rave rig with a phew mates who are chippies. I need advice on what speakers to build i want a standard rave rig, nothing too big at frist. I also need help with what comes after building the speakers (wiring, amps, crossovers etc.) I have a budget of around £1000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bigboybunce
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #22226 by bigboybunce
Replied by bigboybunce on topic Re:Re: Rig help
Somthing along these lines maybe
Attachments:

More
9 years 6 months ago #22231 by sn95
Replied by sn95 on topic Rig help
Nice Rig but you will have to provide a little more information. Like the number of people ,indoors , outdoors .Do you have the tools and know how to build the enclosure .$1000 is not a whole lot for a rig .but there are a lot of smart guys on here .Most important is plan out your rig thoroughly and enjoy your build

More
9 years 5 months ago #22242 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic Rig help
I don't follow currency symbols, but that is not USD! If that is Euros I think that is about $2500. If it is British lbs it should be about $3200. If you know where to save, and where to splurge, you can build a very nice rig with that kind of money!

However you are right that more info is required to give advice! Especially the size of audiences, but indoors vs outdoors would help as well!

• bigboybunce
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #22243 by bigboybunce
Replied by bigboybunce on topic Re:Rig help
Indoors and and its british money id like to a rig for an audience for around 150
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by bigboybunce.

More
9 years 5 months ago #22244 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Re:Rig help
i would go ES18 bph above your hogs. those 1850 are "ok" cabs but not the best at the bottom end or the kick end.
if your building it all your self and have no intentions of EVER taking it outside you could save a little by building it out of MDF but they will be very heavy once built.

you could build the 15" version of the hog and ES15 bph and cut down on size and weight and driver expence altogether as they should cover 150 quite easily. just dont short change yourself on driver choises. the hog drivers is where alot of your money will go so find what you need and then try to buy second hand to keep costs down.

you should just be able to do this fr a grand but you will then have nothing left of amps and DSP.

More
9 years 5 months ago #22250 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Re:Rig help
I would go full reflex system for 150 people, horns will be too loud for such small attendance venues.....

More
9 years 5 months ago #22251 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Re:Rig help
start with some thing basic, that you can learn with. Them upgrade as your events get bigger

More
9 years 5 months ago #22283 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic Rig help
Bee is right 150 isn't difficult to cover! If you use horn loaded stuff you need to look really closely at audience distances and dispersion/ coverage patterns. Reflex works fine in that range!

More
9 years 5 months ago #22287 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Rig help
Just re-read your OP. build a single g-sub and a pair of 12+1 tops. Then on the upgrade build another g-sub. I can do 150 people with my 2x cubo15s and 2x X10s

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds