Progress

More
9 years 7 months ago #22036 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic Re:Progress

dnb123 wrote: Yeah they're a pain in the Ass to screw the drivers in coz of the awkward angle and the small driver chamber

While I am sure that is true, the look like you wind up with some very potent horns for the amount of space consumed!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dnb123
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #22075 by dnb123
Replied by dnb123 on topic Re:Progress
Yeah they're surprisingly efficient, and they go slightly higher than other kick horns so you get some nice snares from them

More
9 years 6 months ago #22076 by bjm362

dnb123 wrote: Yeah they're a pain in the Ass to screw the drivers in coz of the awkward angle and the small driver chamber

My old The FH1 Peavey's I had many years ago would have had the same problem, but the bolts were built into the motorboard. You just lined up the holes, slid the drivers on and tightened nuts. It still was a tight space, but easier than if they had done that the other way around!

• dnb123
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #22079 by dnb123
Yeah it's a bit annoying in a kick bin that tends to have a big magnet in the chamber so it completely gets in the way, also t nuts are the worst fixing known to mankind, paper clips would do a better job!

More
9 years 6 months ago #22087 by bjm362

dnb123 wrote: Yeah it's a bit annoying in a kick bin that tends to have a big magnet in the chamber so it completely gets in the way, also t nuts are the worst fixing known to mankind, paper clips would do a better job!

Sounds familiar!

More
9 years 6 months ago #22093 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Re:Progress
T-nuts are standard fixings.... what would you suggest the rest of the world use if not industry standard t-nuts??

More
9 years 6 months ago #22094 by bjm362

mini-mad wrote: T-nuts are standard fixings.... what would you suggest the rest of the world use if not industry standard t-nuts??

I am with you on that one minimad! More space just isn't an option sometimes!

• dnb123
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #22107 by dnb123
You can get nuts which are a hollow screw basically, so you screw them in instead of hammering them in, just coz they're industry standard doesn't mean they're the most practical ;)

More
9 years 6 months ago #22108 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Progress
I know the ones you mean little brass jobbies. But i tend to use them to "repair" the hole where a tnut was sitting. But as a tip... wen you go to insert your tnut or the brass jobbie, dip it in resin on a really stupidly strong glue then screw/hammer them in and let it set for 24hrs.

You cant have to much of a secure fixing!!

Ive even used PU glue before as it works bloody well. So once they are in and secure the only thing to get them out again would be to smash the box apart or burn them out!.

More
9 years 6 months ago #22109 by bjm362

dnb123 wrote: You can get nuts which are a hollow screw basically, so you screw them in instead of hammering them in, just coz they're industry standard doesn't mean they're the most practical ;)

You can also mount carriage bolts (square head or hex head style)...while all those help some, they still are not the same as having ample room!

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds