Hello I'm Martinsson

• martinsson
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #21493 by martinsson
Hello I'm Martinsson was created by martinsson
Hello fellow DIY'ers

As most of you i guess I got into the this speaker swamp at a very early age, started bending apart old transistor radios and extracted the drivers, never had two of a kind which made the walkman headphone powered stereo expirience somewhat lacking...

As time passed I excelled in the scrap diy category and everything progressed at a nice even pace, building different cabs for unmatched unkonwn drivers powerd by a 2,5W ITT DIY kit amp my brother made until this one day when my dad brought home an old pair of very old and very used but still fully working speakers that one of hif friends was throwing out.

Well the story goes on like that, more old spekaers being thorn apart and rebuilt, more amps where brought in and soon I was the menece of the neighbourhood, eventuallt graduating into the "buying new drivers category" and before you know it I was the "speaker guy" renting my halfarsed creations out to friends parties small raves and so on, a nice time for sure, the only drawback was me making alot more sawdust then dates...

Alot of mistakes where made, several faulty assumptions in the powerhandeling category, fires where involved, etc.. I have allways been more of an empiric person then theoretical, still am.

Years after my first adventures in this field, approx 30 years to be a bit more precise, I'm writing you this little background story, and my intrest in this field remains unharmed, nowdays though I'm a bit more slow paced with the builds, the drawback of apartment living.

My hopes are to have made some productive and helpful comments in the forums, maybe even having inspired a build or two over the years, in either case it has been a really good time, and I intend to keep going, thanks to all of you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #21497 by bee

More
10 years 1 month ago #21500 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic Hello I'm Martinsson
Welcome to FSP!

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds