Good day fellow sound lovers!

• Relinquishedall
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #20829 by Relinquishedall
Good day fellow sound lovers! was created by Relinquishedall
Hi There,

My name is Emiel. I have been actively enjoying the free party scene in the last few years, and decided not to long ago to contribute to this lovely society. I figured that building a soundsystem doesn't have to cost a lot of money.

note: I am a total newby, and I welcome any knowledge you can give me or point me to :)

So, initially I started collecting speakers. Really just asking friends, looking on ebay like sites and even ravaging old electronics waste containers, trading for bags of candy and what not. In the past 2 weeks I have collected over 10 pairs of speakers, some cheap, some of actual quality. I also got a decent sub at an auction really cheap, and already had 2 pretty decent subs. Note, I'm not talking passive desktop mini speakers.

I figured I could repurpose the speakers I collected, by building them new cabinets. Again, I am not well informed yet and am not sure if this is possible at all.

I wont dare to make an actual post yet, as I simply don't want to ask stupid questions. I'd rather get well informed first and ask you guys some decent questions when they arise. So if you can give me any tips on where to gather some info, or are willing to lend a helping hand, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks for reading (:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #20830 by Reality Sound
Replied by Reality Sound on topic Good day fellow sound lovers!
Take pictures of everything you got.......

• Relinquishedall
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #20837 by Relinquishedall
Replied by Relinquishedall on topic Good day fellow sound lovers!
I don't have all speakers here right now, but here are the first few:

www.dropbox.com/sh/ww7lvmdyfm2npmw/ViJZlyA7mi

More
10 years 5 months ago #20839 by Reality Sound
Dude.........those are all 'house speakers' There are other forums that maybe suited to your inquiries if your going that route.......

• Relinquishedall
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #20842 by Relinquishedall
Replied by Relinquishedall on topic Good day fellow sound lovers!
I know, these ones aren't that good. I've got a few other that should be better.

Won't I be able to repurpose them? I know this probably sounds stupid to someone with knowledge on this subject, but hear me out. Let's say I wanted to build speakers for high frequencies. Couldnt I use the biggest cone of a full range speaker and rewire it to react to the higher frequencies and build it into a new cabinet? Another thing I read was that bass and subbass should have at least 1,5x the watt output of the midrange. Thus I should be able to create mids with lesser speakers..?

Is it possible at all to use old speaker to build new ones? Thanks in advance

More
10 years 5 months ago #20845 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Good day fellow sound lovers!
I would sell what you got, and use the money to build 2 cubo 18's and 2 reflex tops, 2 amps and an lms..... you may need to save a bit to top up your money by a few £100 to add to the price you get by selling the home hifi stuff

More
10 years 5 months ago #20847 by Reality Sound

bee wrote: I would sell what you got, and use the money to build 2 cubo 18's and 2 reflex tops, 2 amps and an lms..... you may need to save a bit to top up your money by a few £100 to add to the price you get by selling the home hifi stuff

I was going to suggest something similar also.......

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds