Hello - Bass/ design query

• James Wiltshire Bass
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #19377 by James Wiltshire Bass
Hello - Bass/ design query was created by James Wiltshire Bass
Hello guys!

Great site!

Im a bassist that loves reggae, hiphop and soul. Heavy bass. Fallen in love with diy reggae soundsystems and their massive weight!

I've built a 18inch reflex box from rog mogale's site and it smashes any commerical bass guitar cab Ive used for reggae.

Can anybody recommend me something? I want to get involved with designed high spl, acoustic boxes like horns and scoops to try for bass guitar.

How do you g about deisgning your own boxes? what software or how would i study cabinet design and making? any courses software or work experience going?

Its like a dark art.

Im in Leeds UK. Here's my site if anybodys interested www.jameswiltshire.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #19378 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic Re: Hello - Bass/ design query
I would say that you will want to build from a plan to start understanding some construction norms for horns before designing your own. Things that look easy on paper may not be so easy when you start trying to put it together. HornResp is a very valuable tool for simulating low frequency output, but just don't expect it to tell the whole story when it comes to how a box actually sounds. You can also play with premade designs to see what happens if you change it a little.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds