like to introduce myself

• valvehead
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #19315 by valvehead
like to introduce myself was created by valvehead
Hi all, this is my first post so I'm a newbie to this site and forum.

my main passion is roots reggae music. I was 3 ('73) when I was allowed to go into my
parents lodgers room when he was playing reggae music. it had a lasting impression. curtains
drawn, pretty much the only light coming from a red lightbulb under his record deck
and being patted on the head by very tall black people.

fast forward to mid 80' s and I was keenly hassling my local guitar shop for broken valve amplifiers.
how I didn' t electricute myself, well....... then got my hands on x2 Marshall bassbins (15' s). at this time
I was mainly listening to the likes of chemist, Mad Proffesser, King Tubby, Scientist.
you maybe seeing a pattern here!
I used my bins and my 100watt simswatts at a club in brighton called the asylum before I could drive
(a supportive dad helped) with my mate Andy selecting.
fast forward again, and I am now the operator for a rather big sound in Notts where we play Roots &Culture
once a month.
I plan on building a small personal travelling soundsystem utilising 4 x18' scoops and am planning with a
friend to build a monster valve amp of up to 3kw.
my inspiration has always come from the Jah Shaka Soundsystem. back in the day if you wanted to
see a real showman, Shaka was the one (IMHO).

Enough!!!

I have read with much interest the views and opinions shared on this site and look forward to
contributing positively in the future.

Selah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #19319 by bee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds