kick bins

• anjmoor
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 8 months ago #18858 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Re: kick bins
measured and marked out will be cutting today , had to change everything to a 17% reduction in the end. will get some build pics up this week

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #18859 by bee

• anjmoor
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #18860 by anjmoor
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by anjmoor.

More
11 years 8 months ago #18861 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Re: kick bins
looking good, and all your own hard work...... wicked stuff

• anjmoor
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 8 months ago #18862 by anjmoor
well certainly not my hard work lol although the reduction is not even between height and width and depth. I can take no credit for this as the plans already exist as you know lol. however the dimensions are certainly custom haha almost a stab in the dark if you like, I will get the baffle cut tomorrow and try and test it as a dry build obviously not flat out. not sure if i need to go 500 watts a side for these kicks or whether I can afford to drop these down to 300 a side.

More
11 years 8 months ago #18863 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Re: kick bins
from your pics they look good, no obvious errors in the redesign, should do the job nice.... go for 500 a side.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: anjmoor

• anjmoor
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #18867 by anjmoor
Couple of new pics with the kick cab on top of a cubo 15

m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=7830695724

More
11 years 8 months ago #18869 by bee

• anjmoor
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #18871 by anjmoor
alas no :( I have just run out of screws and my jigsaw is at the yard lol so it looks like a trip to pick up some ingredients when the missus gets back with the car lol.
I will be powering this cab up tomorrow afternoon with an eminence delta 15 lf 500 watt 4 ohm driver I will hook up one cubo, one kick and one mid top all run mono from my active crossover

• anjmoor
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #18874 by anjmoor
ok have spent the last couple of hours testing this es-15 cab to the best of my very poor abilities.
The cab tested is a dry build with no damping material in the sealed chamber and tape over the sealed chamber joints just for testing purposes.
after a bit of adjustment on the crossover I think i had the Cubo 15 crossed at about 70hz with a high pass of 40 hz and the kick cab crossed up to approx 140- 150. anythink over 160 started to sound a bit honky.
The driver i used in the cab for the test was an Eminence delta 15lf 500 watt 4 ohm .
I set up one cubo 15 one es-15 trial cab and one mid top speaker and ran it from the crossover in mono.
I used a W audio da 1300 watt amp for the cubo and kick and an older amp for the mid top.
I never had the da 1300 past the halfway mark because everything in my concrete shed and upstairs in my house was rattling and the mrs got the hump lol.
the trial cab had a great thump to it immediately and when i reduced the volume on the other cabs and let it speak for itself it had very clean and clear tones of the freqs it was reproducing. now that I have tested it I will take it apart and glue it all back together and then test it with damping material in the sealed chamber. I have taken a couple of videos of it and will post a link to them on my youtube account if the phone mic has survived the recording.

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds