Hi! Need your expertise, McKenzie C15-400BASS

• jlmusic
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #17275 by jlmusic
Evening all,
Jim here, new round these parts! Hoping I can pick a few brains and maybe theres an outside chance I can make myself useful as well. Im a long time musican, qualified studio engineer, and multi-genre live engineer with a real soft spot for rock and metal, including DJing, and have long fancied building myself some PA speakers, especially as money is tighter than id like.

Recently I was given a pair of questionable looking DIY cabinets with nothing in one aperture, but a 15inch driver in the other, so Ive a pair of McKenzie Studio 8 series C15-400 BASS units which from my research seem to be well regarded units.

Ive found the figures for them, and downloaded WINISD but at that point Im at a loss frankly.

I want to get the most out of these drivers, that's optimise them for my purposes of small scale rock/metal/bit of dance DJing/Playback and Band sound reinforcement, so It's been pointed out to me that they are most ideally mounted seperately in reflex enclosures.

The ideal box volume for these seems really small, so Id be a bit stuck for putting a pole mount between these and any mid/high or 'full range' units and them be stable. I look at the measurements for speakers with comparable specs and they seem to be minimum of 50% larger which also has me stumped.

I Keep seeing these CUBO boxes and wonder if a pair of these with the magnets mounted within the chamber would be of any additional benefit to me.

I'm a blank page guys. A sponge for your greater knowledge if you will. Ive A levels in Music, Physics and Electronics, and a Degree in Studio Production so Im frustrated that I really oughat be taking to this a lot more easily than I am, but Ive had 3 years in a job with my brain switched off. Im really grateful for any guidance.

all the best and thanks in advance

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds