Newbie/Costa Rica/First DIY PA?

• capicva
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #16520 by capicva
Newbie/Costa Rica/First DIY PA? was created by capicva
Hello,

I'm Andrés from Costa Rica and landed here after searching high and wide for speaker plans. Me and my brother are really interested in building a small venue (100 ~ 150) sound system for DJ sets (EDM of all sorts, mainly UK Bass genres). We would aim for good volume and full frequency range, and although I am an enthusiast I have absolutely no knowledge regarding this, so all suggestions are welcome...

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #16521 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Newbie/Costa Rica/First DIY PA?
2 x cubo 18's and 2x reflex tops for the dance floor, you could allso get some small 10 or 8 inch reflex's for seating areas bar area etc.....

• capicva
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #16523 by capicva
Replied by capicva on topic Newbie/Costa Rica/First DIY PA?
Thanks for the quick reply Bee, could you point me to the reflex tops plans, or recommend one?

More
12 years 3 months ago #16524 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic Newbie/Costa Rica/First DIY PA?
A lot of the time I've noticed its easier to find a driver that's available to you in your area, and price range and then build the box around that. A lot of companies will even list plans for the drivers on their website.

More
12 years 3 months ago #16525 by bee

• capicva
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #16526 by capicva
Replied by capicva on topic Newbie/Costa Rica/First DIY PA?
Well, I could afford to have drivers shipped, extending my budget a bit. I certainly cannot afford to have cabinets shipped.

Most drivers that can be found in the local market are car oriented subwoofers (Pyramid, generic "made in china", et al), so I am guessing I am going to have them shipped anyhow... There is a Celestion distributor but there stock seems to be VERY limited.

Most stores do sell ready made PA systems, mainly JBL's (Eon's) but these are definitely out of budget.

2 Cubo 18's do tempt me as a start. Even to merely provide low end to existing systems at local bars, which have no regard for such frequencies...

Any mid/top suggestions for getting up to 20kHz?

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds