new member looking into building first pa

• XristianDJCT
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #16486 by XristianDJCT
new member looking into building first pa was created by XristianDJCT
what's up everybody! Great website. Soooo, I'm looking to build my first pa. From what basic knowledge I have recently aquired. I was going to start with 1 x-tro for every 2 punisher II and 1 cubo sub. This soundsystem will be built for Techno, hardcore, drum &bass and dubstep. Am I on the right path here? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, this is a pa that I would like to continually be expanding for larger crowds and venues (indoor and outdoor). Thx Xristian from NYC, currently living in delray beach, south Florida

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #16491 by bee
why the cubo sub........ a punisher should drop low enough for that type of music...... i would just build extra punishers...... 4 puns a side to 2 xtros a side, should sound nice......

• XristianDJCT
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #16494 by XristianDJCT
Replied by XristianDJCT on topic new member looking into building first pa

bee wrote: why the cubo sub........ a punisher should drop low enough for that type of music...... i would just build extra punishers...... 4 puns a side to 2 xtros a side, should sound nice......

g

Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated. The reason I was going to add the cubo was because I thought the punishers wouldn't push the low ends I was looking for. Like I mentioned before this is my first attempt at something like this. So 4 puns to 2 x-tros, got it. Ill put up another post when I get these built, I'm sure ill have some more questions. Thx again

More
12 years 3 months ago #16497 by crossed
Replied by crossed on topic new member looking into building first pa
Just out of curiosity, how big of a venue/number of people would 4 punishers and 2 xtro's per side handle? That's a pretty big set up... for me at least.

More
12 years 3 months ago #16499 by bee
easy 500 people plus at a guess.......... The thing to remember when putting a system together is bass/sub cabs in numbers play lower than one cab on its own....... so instead of building a cubo just build more punishers.... smiley20

More
12 years 3 months ago #16500 by bee
a single punisher drops to 40hz, and they allso recommend 2 puns to 1 extro...... just checked the site........ 130db at 50hz from 1 pun, its a loud box....... The punishers should do the job with out needing sub bass for your kind of music, after all there is very little sub bass in them genres of music.......

The other option to the punisher is the invader bin...... another beast of a cab, but the build is a complexed one......

• XristianDJCT
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #16508 by XristianDJCT

bee wrote: a single punisher drops to 40hz, and they allso recommend 2 puns to 1 extro...... just checked the site........ 130db at 50hz from 1 pun, its a loud box....... The punishers should do the job with out needing sub bass for your kind of music, after all there is very little sub bass in them genres of music.......

The other option to the punisher is the invader bin...... another beast of a cab, but the build is a complexed one......

The plans I was looking at were the PUNII, I noticed that a member was selling pun MKIII's. I wasn't familiar with the MKIII design, any feedback from experience?

• XristianDJCT
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #16509 by XristianDJCT

bee wrote: easy 500 people plus at a guess.......... The thing to remember when putting a system together is bass/sub cabs in numbers play lower than one cab on its own....... so instead of building a cubo just build more punishers.... smiley20

smiley20

Good to know, thx

• XristianDJCT
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #16510 by XristianDJCT

bee wrote: a single punisher drops to 40hz, and they allso recommend 2 puns to 1 extro...... just checked the site........ 130db at 50hz from 1 pun, its a loud box....... The punishers should do the job with out needing sub bass for your kind of music, after all there is very little sub bass in them genres of music.......

I noticed that the beyma rd 245 horn for the x-tro is discontinued. Is the eminence lt250 a good substitute? If not , any suggestions?

More
12 years 3 months ago #16512 by bee
i was quoting pun 2 stats, i was not aware of a mk3....... from what i hear the horn mykey designed works great in the xtros (xt8), i think its available from blue aran......

www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id= ... nufacturer

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds