greetings from canada

• pwoody
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #16038 by pwoody
greetings from canada was created by pwoody
Hello speaker builders,

27 year old father of 2 living in Canada, currently an apprenticed electrician/stay at home dad.
Im a DIY kind of guy, partially from being cheap and partially from loving to do something new and challenging. Ive built everything in a house from the floor to the roof and wired it and plumbed it all together. Im a firm believer in the fact that there isnt anything cant do or put together given the pieces. this all relates to my next upcoming project which i will go into shortly.....

As far as my audio background goes....
Ive been doing production and live sound professionally for just over 8 years. started out with some powered mackies and a 1604vlz doing bar gigs for bar tabs while i was in college. went to college for a diploma in sound engineering, am certified by some international group of something audio as a sound engineer. I dont know exactly what it is anymore as i havent looked at the piece of paper since i got it, as no one in the industry really gives a shit.
Ive mixed and done sound for juno and grammy winning artists, Certified in the PM5D and M7CL, have setup nexo, vdosc, meyer, vertec, and lots and lots of martin rigs. 2 of the production companies I have worked for over the years were both martin audio houses, wavefront FTW. Dave Rat said it best when he called us "glorified carnies" I know dmx, rigging, power distribution, and managing a crew of 20 that dont know their asshole from an xlr. I could rant and go on but Im sure alot of you could as well. Ive been out of the sound biz for just over a year now after getting the bullshit layoff from the one company and feeling severely bitter and jaded of the industry, Living in the area i live in, I only had one more production company left to work for and i opted out and instead went looking for a trade. Electrician seemed like the best fit, my experience of building panels and tapping into live mains has to count elsewhere, plus I always enjoy being on the tools and want the regular 9-5 hours with benefits.

Anywho, why am i here?
Well after being out of the game, I miss it. I like making loud, i laugh when i make people poop from bass, I love getting the shivers from a clean PA or mixing a great artist. I like playing with lights to the music, i do a little dmx--> midi setup the lets me rock my mpc and controllers and its like jammin with dj. Most recently one of my good mates is gettin tired of the business he owns and wants to branch out into a small sound system w/some lights to start. 10k budget. rooms/parties for 150 people type deal.

I think thats good enough for an intro, i'll start my design thread elsewhere.
Cheers,
Paulie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #16042 by bee
Replied by bee on topic greetings from canada
smiley20 nice intro..... look forward to more of your posts...

More
12 years 4 months ago #16045 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic greetings from canada

pwoody wrote: ....managing a crew of 20 that dont know their asshole from an xlr...

now I get why some cable smell so bad.

• pwoody
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #16046 by pwoody
Replied by pwoody on topic greetings from canada
it amazes me when people go the extra mile to fuck up. like when the nl8 wouldnt fit in the speaker jack so instead of turning it around and putting it in proper, the hand managed to jam it in and still give it twist to lock it.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds