New Doofer joins the forum!

• klampykixx
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #15435 by klampykixx
New Doofer joins the forum! was created by klampykixx
Hi guys! My name is Brendan, usually known as Klampy. :wave:

Im currently updating my PA system. I have just built an SS15 Jbell singlesheet challenge horn filled with (admittedly) an Alpine S12 car sub, and it pounds! I have just today purchased and had cut some 17mm Ply for another pair filled with generic 15inch subs of which will be getting replaced with KappaProLF2 when i can afford them.

i have a pair of Delta12A filled mid/tops with a horn tweeter in a slot ported cab. and i want to build something to fill the gap between my tops and the bass. Im tossing up between building a pair of LaScala horns, or the ES18BPH and filling it with my current 15inch drivers.

Which would be the more recommended match?

I primarily listen to Psy/house/DnB/Dub etc. and it gets used loudly outside bushdoof style. im holding a 21st in Nov on a property with it, to approx 100+ people, and then again in December for my birthday/NYE doof to about 50-150 people.

thanks guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15448 by Daz
Replied by Daz on topic New Doofer joins the forum!
Welcome to FSP Klampy smiley20

Loads of info here for you. If you are using 15s for the low stuff already then a set of well tuned 12 cabs should fill the gap. You can get some real punch out of a horn loaded 12 running in the 150Hz + range when using them with the crowd size you are dealing with.

BTW is that a VX Senator in your profile pic smiley32

Daz
The following user(s) said Thank You: klampykixx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds