Hey audio freeks! From bassplayer cabinet newbie

• bottomthump
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #11273 by bottomthump
Hey audio freeks! I am a bassplayer that is inspired to make a unique low range tube type design cabinet to make some punchy output for small halls form my bass guitar performances.

I already have some nice speaker boxes...Epifani...anyone know where I can get one of the speakers they use in their cabinets (10")? Hopefully I can use that in my design. Actually I would like to experiment with a 500w 8" speaker in a labyrinth or tube design that would be tuned for mid range bass guitar frequencies (not the low boomy stuff...more like the punchy tight frequencies).

Anyone have any ideas or references to share?
Thanks,
JonPar smiley16
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by bottomthump.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #11276 by MAutopsy
welcome, check out the site.

More
13 years 2 months ago #11278 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Hey audio freeks! From bassplayer cabinet newbie

bottomthump wrote: Hey audio freeks! I am a bassplayer that is inspired to make a unique low range tube type design cabinet to make some punchy output for small halls form my bass guitar performances.

I already have some nice speaker boxes...Epifani...anyone know where I can get one of the speakers they use in their cabinets (10")? Hopefully I can use that in my design. Actually I would like to experiment with a 500w 8" speaker in a labyrinth or tube design that would be tuned for mid range bass guitar frequencies (not the low boomy stuff...more like the punchy tight frequencies).

Anyone have any ideas or references to share?
Thanks,
JonPar smiley16

Are you really serious about a 500 watt 8" speaker. If so, which one.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds