howdy fsp people

More
13 years 3 months ago #11089 by IGLOO
howdy fsp people was created by IGLOO
just a brief hello to all members... Ive been a member for ages but never got round to posting anything!

I have been a freelance live engineer for over 15 years, toured most of the world, worked for varous PA companies and artists doing touring and festival work. My preffered area of work is FOH, but also do monitors from time to time.
Recently i've been getting more and more system tech/alignment work (i use SIA SMAART), but im getting the bug again for the smell of freshly cut birch :think:
One of my new years resolutions is to learn more about cabinet design and to spend any free evenings in the garage, and not in the pub!!

Can anyone suggest any further reading or basic software programs to help get me started?? i used to have a version of emminence bass box pro, but after moving house ive lost the disc smiley13

Hope to have plenty of input over the coming months, and maybe i can pass on some alignment techniques to anyone who needs help. Big thanks to everyone who has contributed to this site, its a great resource - with a friendly face!!!

TTFN

IGLOO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #11090 by bee
Replied by bee on topic howdy fsp people
welcome, for software have a play around with horn resp, or if you are feeling mad have a go with akabak...... horn resp will give you instant results, while akabak will take a while but sims more true to life.....

More
13 years 3 months ago #11091 by IGLOO
Replied by IGLOO on topic howdy fsp people
ta very much Bee,

i will investigate further.... my first 'project' is some passive/small/two way infill boxes.... on a budget! looking at a 6"low and a soft dome HF to suit near field/ background music, pub jukebox duty's for a small boozer..... possibly a under-seating sub may be needed, dependant on buget. However, don't know how current the listing is, but seen some ASS reflekta SP-1's on SSE's web site for £40.00 each?? Very tempted smiley2

Hey, thanks again for the 'pointers'

IGLOO

More
13 years 3 months ago #11093 by Xoc1
Replied by Xoc1 on topic howdy fsp people
For reflex cabinets I use WinISD Pro Alpha which is freeware
www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisdpro
The only tricky bit with this software is inputing the speaker driver data, be sure to read the help file first.
WinISD will sim sealed - reflex and bandpass boxes, and you can check the driver displacement and add filters to check the response. smiley20
Hornresp is also freeware
www.hornresp.net.ms/
Hornresp can sim many sorts of speaker cabinet. open baffle, sealed, reflex, Front loaded horns, offset horns, tapped horns, etc!
Learning curve is a bit steeper, but you can find many examples on the web of the input parameters. The software designer David McBean can be contacted on diyAudio.com
www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofe ... nresp.html

More
13 years 3 months ago #11102 by IGLOO
Replied by IGLOO on topic howdy fsp people
Thanks Martin, thats a big help. Plenty there for me to be getting into.
I just took a read of Bee's guides to Akabak.... gulp :crazy:
Be sure i will be in touch soon, with plenty of daft questions!

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds