bass bins sizes..

• menxmen
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #22449 by menxmen
bass bins sizes.. was created by menxmen
hello guys good am/pm.. which is better , a large bass bin or a small bass bin ,, now im using jbl4520 double bass scoop
but my problem is its size, big and heavy too,but sound loud too..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #22452 by sn95
Replied by sn95 on topic bass bins sizes..
I think the answer to the question depends on several variables the size of the venue the number of people SPL required,before anyone can really help you they need a little more information

More
9 years 3 months ago #22454 by Rog Mogale
Replied by Rog Mogale on topic bass bins sizes..
If they are original JBL 4520's, then sell them for like 50 million dollars to a Hi Fi nut and retire or employ lots of helpers.

If not then put each cab on a large table saw and cut them in half. Your have to do the internal panels by hand with a wood saw, (any better suggestions Bee about how to cut the internal panels). Then gule and screw on 2 new sides.

An 18" scoop is more transportable but one 18" scoop is not going to have anywhere near the output of a well loaded 4520. Two single 18" scoops vs one 4520, I'll take the two single 18" scoops any day.

Rog.

More
9 years 3 months ago #22457 by sn95
Replied by sn95 on topic bass bins sizes..
He will need a big saw

More
9 years 3 months ago #22459 by Reality Sound

More
9 years 3 months ago #22463 by bee
Replied by bee on topic bass bins sizes..

Rog Mogale wrote: If they are original JBL 4520's, then sell them for like 50 million dollars to a Hi Fi nut and retire or employ lots of helpers.

If not then put each cab on a large table saw and cut them in half. Your have to do the internal panels by hand with a wood saw, (any better suggestions Bee about how to cut the internal panels). Then gule and screw on 2 new sides.

An 18" scoop is more transportable but one 18" scoop is not going to have anywhere near the output of a well loaded 4520. Two single 18" scoops vs one 4520, I'll take the two single 18" scoops any day.

Rog.

a router.... cut cab in half as said, and cut internal panel by hand, leave a bit of overhang. then turn cab up on end (not cut) place a 36mm piece of wood across where cuts were made. use a long length router cutter, aligned to edge, and trim perfect.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #22489 by Bongo
Replied by Bongo on topic bass bins sizes..
Small boxes has the advantage that they can be stacked to match bigger ones.
But there's more to it than that.

Basshorns are big & you won't go really deep with a single horn unless it's very big.
Horns are great in groups, big added spl & low end.
Bandpass horns are smaller, but also best in stacks or for "kickbins"

For single use, bassreflex, bandpass or tapped horn is the best choice, but you won't gain as much when stacking.

I like the sound of horns, I think reflexes "hurt" more, the acoustics seems to be quite different too.
Some says horns have more "throw" by this I think they mean directivity, I experienced less feedback on basshorns than reflexes, probably due to this. On inside jobs your horns will probably go lower due to "room response"
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Bongo. Reason: LOL! one "use" too much line 8, all I needed was a comma

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds