9 years 3 months ago #22375 by Rog Mogale
Best Scoop 2014 was created by Rog Mogale
Here are the previous years winners.

Scoop Winners

I think we can all agree that the best scoop of 2013 is this

Best Scoop 2013

So whats the best scoop of 2014, is this in for contention

Best Scoop 2014????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #22377 by bee

9 years 3 months ago #22379 by Rog Mogale
Replied by Rog Mogale on topic Best Scoop 2014
I just think it’s a stupid idea having a shootout or a measurement day for scoops.

The people who use them don’t want there secrets shared, just like F1 racing teams don’t want anyone to find out how they go about designing or building there cars. It should be kept a secret, the sport is better for this. Only the teams should be using measurements to help improve their cars/scoops. Just think what would happen if a car magazine went up to the top 4 teams and said lend us your cars as we want to test and measure them and them tell everyone the findings in a magazine or online. Don’t think anyone would play do you.

It would even be ok if it were people who were interested in scoops that wanted to hold the measurement day, but apart from a few genuine individuals I think its mostly other designers who want to see how you can get so much from so little. Work it out for yourselves and stop harassing sounds that want to spread the word.

9 years 3 months ago #22380 by nitrousoutlaw
Replied by nitrousoutlaw on topic Best Scoop 2014
What does measuring spl or frequency response have to do with design parameters??? You can easily see trap speeds and elapsed times on formula 1 cars......

9 years 3 months ago #22381 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Best Scoop 2014
Really? I mean really?? you wana start this crap here???

Scoops are for people who dont like clean clear well defined bass....... would love to play with one but the whole idea is just a basis for people to get together. If you dont like the idea of a "shoot out" lets have a barbeque!!!!!!!

9 years 3 months ago #22383 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic Best Scoop 2014
The acoustic wadding in my scoops are pieces of magic carpet given to me by Ali Baba

9 years 3 months ago #22397 by Reality Sound
Replied by Reality Sound on topic Best Scoop 2014

Rog Mogale wrote: I just think it’s a stupid idea having a shootout or a measurement day for scoops.

The people who use them don’t want there secrets shared, just like F1 racing teams don’t want anyone to find out how they go about designing or building there cars. It should be kept a secret, the sport is better for this. Only the teams should be using measurements to help improve their cars/scoops. Just think what would happen if a car magazine went up to the top 4 teams and said lend us your cars as we want to test and measure them and them tell everyone the findings in a magazine or online. Don’t think anyone would play do you.

It would even be ok if it were people who were interested in scoops that wanted to hold the measurement day, but apart from a few genuine individuals I think its mostly other designers who want to see how you can get so much from so little. Work it out for yourselves and stop harassing sounds that want to spread the word.

At least it would put a lot of hearsay to bed. Mine is better than yours etc. I would be interested in the results, not so much of who has the 'best' but how different designs driver combos effect behavior/ performance etc. Chamber size, throat expansion, length of horn. At least then the general public would be able to pick the best 'free design' to build for the driver they have, or how to mod it to improve performance etc.....

9 years 3 months ago #22417 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic Best Scoop 2014
Negative expansion seems to work

7 years 10 months ago #23396 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Best Scoop 2014

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

7 years 10 months ago #23397 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Best Scoop 2014

Rog Mogale wrote: I just think it’s a stupid idea having a shootout or a measurement day for scoops.

<snip>

;)

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".