Why !?

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 week ago #12694 by levyte357
Why !? was created by levyte357

IMHO, seems almost imbecilic for a person to place 2x15 full scoops in their house, and then to place those miniscule mid/top cabs above them

Is the living room > =15M long so listener can appreciate the full output of the scoops?
If it is, surely those mid tops wont be heard at that distance, if scoops are seriously powered ?

Surely a trivial excercise, to design small pair of 2x12", 2x15" cabs for your home, that can do 20-200hz with max 500W input per cab?

Why..

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #12699 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Why !?
For arts sake?

I fully applaud this man on his 200w efficiancy thing, but have always wondered the sanity of horns in a house.
What for?
As for mid tops, well those low power fast drivers in the scoops probably go up very high?

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 week ago #12702 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Why !?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that also a turntable I see almost touching the right speaker building ?

Of course a man is free to do whatever in his house, but when the picture is put on a forum, questions will get asked..

IMHO, to fully appreciate any time of scoop cab, you need to be at least 10M back, with no LMS, his "mid tops" :lol: , will b arriving at his ears before the sub, so he'll be adjusting the volumes to attempt compensating for this.

Meanwhile, a fully reflex system, would have him thinking he's standing directly next to the conductor while playing "Prokofiev's Dance of The Knights"..

[tube:35de7a0e]Z_hOR50u7ek[/tube:35de7a0e]

More
13 years 1 week ago #12712 by NITZ V1505
Replied by NITZ V1505 on topic Why !?
The guy wants to build double 18 versions for his hi fi!!!!
forum.speakerplans.com/27hz-doub ... 50887.html
To get the best out of em , scoops require space so lets hope he has a big lounge!!!!!!!

More
13 years 1 week ago #12713 by saul
Replied by saul on topic Why !?
guys

you gotta remember, using scoops in the home environment is a very different affair. scoops also have a certain quality of sound. (whether you like or not)

there's no way they get run like they do at a dub night, but more for their characteristic sound. many o' soundphiles have scoops in their living rooms...

As Rog once said, "i'd have horn loaded headphones if i could"

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 1 week ago #12714 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Why !?

saul wrote: many o' soundphiles have scoops in their living rooms...

I guess if you're used to hearing 1850 scoops tearing up buildings 'regular, they're the last thing you want to see in your house... :lol:

Many of us 40+ year old soundmen had reflex hifi systems in our bedroom when we were at school, capable of shaking whole house, so we know exactly what can be extracted from reflex hifi.. smiley2

More
13 years 1 week ago #12715 by saul
Replied by saul on topic Why !?
:lol:
i too have had a fane studio loaded reflex bass box in my room since i was about 10. :lol:

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds