Sons of JBL:Part 1:18" Version of JBL 4520

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #12574 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic Sons of JBL:Part 1:18" Version of JBL 4520
Prototyping is the definitive way to learn but a bit expensive for just an hobby.
However I guess we can draw a definitive plan using the levy version, just for small chamber driver.

sorry guys but I make a mistake. The sim posted some post ago was done with rcf lf18n451, uff... in akabak if you define more drivers it takes only the last one I did'nt notice it because I defined a bunch of driver. However here's the corrected ones, and there's more difference on 40 -60 hz region. smiley20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #12575 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic Sons of JBL:Part 1:18" Version of JBL 4520

bitzo wrote:

JR.junior wrote: So, the bitzo's design is very flat, saul has very one note-ish caracter, levyte shows that 10 cm throat is the maximum for keepin the flatiness
Bitzo, I would go from 3,6 to 5-7 cm to keep it musical.

sorry but what is a one note-ish character? How could you find it from a sim?

high qts high bl in a scoop, xmax around 7-9mm, you can put them in large chamber scoops to combat this but you would have to spend the whole night biting your nails

warm sounding (natural) you need meduim BL medium qts, but these will work ONLY & SAFELY in small chamber scoops

warm sounding in large chamber scoops look at the Royal or Fane drivers (no nail biting)

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #12576 by saul
hi

how come i have a scoop named after me? i don't even know which variant it is smiley36 smiley36 smiley36

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #12578 by bitzo

saul wrote: hi

how come i have a scoop named after me? i don't even know which variant it is smiley36 smiley36 smiley36

Sorry saul, just taken from "Saul 5 throat Gap" smiley17

mykey- wrote: high qts high bl in a scoop, xmax around 7-9mm, you can put them in large chamber scoops to combat this but you would have to spend the whole night biting your nails

I guess like b&c 18sw115 except for xmax

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #12605 by bitzo
I think we have to continue on eminence scoop thread.

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #12607 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Sons of JBL:Part 1:18" Version of JBL 4520

bitzo wrote: I think we have to continue on eminence scoop thread.

OK,

Have moved all the Eminence related scoop stuff to here

:thumbup:

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #12672 by bitzo
Doglegged my version and tweaking it a bit.
here's the layout
[attachment=1:2cx3biv2]<!-- ia1 -->deep.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:2cx3biv2]
here's the sim original eminence as reference.
[attachment=0:2cx3biv2]<!-- ia0 -->deepsim.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2cx3biv2]

levy throat, horn lenght 2.39 meters, compression chamber 45 liters with driver.
thought?
Attachments:

• levyte357
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #12675 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Sons of JBL:Part 1:18" Version of JBL 4520

bitzo wrote: levy throat, horn lenght 2.39 meters, compression chamber 45 liters with driver.
thought?

Sorry bitzo, but the "Rog Superscooper dogleg throat" is probably worst throat setup I've seen in scoops.

Remember, I keep saying sims are not totally conclusive, and that design "definetly" will not perform as sim suggests with PD1850, chamber is too small.

ASS S118 is probably best scoop ever made, and it shows simple throat created by rear baffle and panel(s) below works best. Dont forget this cab was designed way before PD1850s were available.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #12676 by bitzo

levyte357 wrote:

bitzo wrote: levy throat, horn lenght 2.39 meters, compression chamber 45 liters with driver.
thought?

Sorry bitzo, but the "Rog Superscooper dogleg throat" is probably worst throat setup I've seen in scoops.

Remember, I keep saying sims are not totally conclusive, and that design "definetly" will not perform as sim suggests with PD1850, chamber is too small.

ASS S118 is probably best scoop ever made, and it shows simple throat created by rear baffle and panel(s) below works best. Dont forget this cab was designed way before PD1850s were available.

it's rcf lf18n451 loaded, but eminence is pd1850 loaded. However why is the worst throat? Pfly designed a similar setup in his polar scoop, Staip ms18 mk3 too. I mean why one solution is better than another? May be the answer is prototype it.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #12679 by JR.junior
Replied by JR.junior on topic Sons of JBL:Part 1:18" Version of JBL 4520
Bitzo, forget sim, your "dogleg" makes very bad airflow, scoop will be death as a stone. Throat port should be as simple as posible.

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds