file S15

14 years 1 month ago #7428 by jsg
S15 was created by jsg
Just put up plans for the S15 subs I brought to the meet (small green ones). Plans are on the plans page (at the time of writing, it's an attachment at the bottom of the page, will fix when I can figure out how)

Ars est celare artem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #7436 by tre4u2nv
Replied by tre4u2nv on topic S15
loved the size of the box and the good use of the bms driver this would defo be a good discreet design if it was not for the price of the 2/1 driver smiley1

thanks for sharing

IT TAKES ALLSORTS

14 years 1 month ago #7441 by jsg
Replied by jsg on topic S15
I'm going to re-do the tops boxes to try and fill a gap in the output iun the lower mid range - that's why I'm only posting plans for the subs at the moment, because they work fine.

Maybe the new design can allow an alternative 2" CD to be used - if it's not 2-in-1 then a separate supertweeter will need to be added, the Eminence APTs are good for that.

Ars est celare artem

14 years 1 month ago #7442 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic S15

jsg wrote: I'm going to re-do the tops boxes to try and fill a gap in the output iun the lower mid range - that's why I'm only posting plans for the subs at the moment, because they work fine.

Maybe the new design can allow an alternative 2" CD to be used - if it's not 2-in-1 then a separate supertweeter will need to be added, the Eminence APTs are good for that.

I was impressed with the bass end. Something missing above 8k though, was there a comp/tweet in there?

14 years 1 month ago #7446 by jsg

nickyburnell wrote:

jsg wrote: I'm going to re-do the tops boxes to try and fill a gap in the output iun the lower mid range - that's why I'm only posting plans for the subs at the moment, because they work fine.

I was impressed with the bass end. Something missing above 8k though, was there a comp/tweet in there?

The compression driver has two diaphragms, mid and high. The high one runs 6K upwards and as far as I know that was all working properly. We were adjusting the settings quite a lot during the demos, and there may have been EQ or rolloff upstream in the source components (at one point I was using an iPod nano, not exactly audiophile kit).

Ars est celare artem

14 years 1 month ago #7447 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic S15
Many thanks for plans. Deffo nothing top end going on though. We thought it sounded like a coned driver was trying to do the top end?
Again, loved the bins smiley1

14 years 1 month ago #7479 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic S15
I have created an article for the plan here .

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

14 years 1 month ago #7486 by jsg

GIVEorTAKE wrote: I have created an article for the plan here .

Ah yes, that looks much better. Thank you!

Ars est celare artem

14 years 3 weeks ago #7891 by huffesh
Replied by huffesh on topic S15
dude need help...can i use this plan for my speaker 12inch??

14 years 3 weeks ago #7922 by jsg
Hi

I'm afraid not. This design only works with the specified driver, which is a 15 inch unit.

Why not start a thread in the Sub-Bass forum, say what driver you have, and ask about sub designs for that driver.

Ars est celare artem