X-TRO

More
13 years 10 months ago #8751 by cravings
Replied by cravings on topic X-TRO
i always thought the 8" section was made removable so you just access the driver by removing the horn.

and nate, it seems like you might be better off rethinking the cab.. if you don't like it as is.. then using the 8" section and a 1" cd and horn of your choice over some other 15" section may be what you're looking for...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8752 by bee
Replied by bee on topic X-TRO
on the original plans the horn is made from ply, on the ones i have seen, and built it was loaded from the top..... on the fibre glass versions then yes, just undo the horn and slide out......

More
13 years 10 months ago #8753 by bee
i should of said the top angle piece of the rear chamber, i screwed in at the correct angle you need to remove this too. to creat a seal i used sillicone.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8754 by bee
on the plans i have there is no referance to loading the 8" horn, but on the new plans posted here it states the horn is bolted in to place and can be removed, to load. I allso noticed the 15" horn section differs to the plans i have. Im assuming the plans i have would be for the original version and the plans posted hear are the updated ones...... smiley16

More
13 years 10 months ago #8756 by nrpinc
Replied by nrpinc on topic X-TRO
I like the box the way it is. I think its a great idea. I was asking if it could be built with only 1 15" driver instead of 2 thats all. i don't want to change the 8" or 1" section, I was just wondering if it would be possible with 1 15" driver.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8760 by bee
yes any thing is possible but, with one 15" horn only it would not play as low, and the mid and high frequencys may be too over powering. I.e. in doing this it would change the hole concept of this box. You may be better to design a new box based on the extro design.

for example take one of the 15" horns then re-design it using a 12" driver, with a 6.5" horn and a 1" hf horn............

nrpinc what you need to remember is the xtro sounds very good as it was designed to sound. By changing its design may indeed make it sound not as good.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8958 by zekeriyaTR
Replied by zekeriyaTR on topic X-TRO
cabin was beautiful.I did mid horn timber.I like the original one.You can see on my site. www.lefcamusic.com

More
13 years 9 months ago #8986 by Pekar
Replied by Pekar on topic X-TRO
Hi !Who is making fibrglass horn for 8" spekar X-tro

More
13 years 9 months ago #8988 by bee
try mykey on this forum....... he makes an 8" horns......

More
13 years 8 months ago #9107 by nrpinc
Replied by nrpinc on topic X-TRO
Its says the recommeded drivers are the 18 Sound drivers. Other than the 18 Sound drivers what other drivers can be used. I am an authorized Eminence dealer here in the states and was wondering which drivers are suitable?

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds