sewing vega

• rottbull
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 days ago #17548 by rottbull
sewing vega was created by rottbull
i'want you if you have a plan of sewing vega in 21"

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #17759 by Thawach
Replied by Thawach on topic sewing vega
hi nice guy if u say "sewing vega" think that u und i can look for it @ www.carrefour.fr/ , ok i will look for help u in the carrefour super maket in thailand. und if u want the "cerwin vega" plan u can try to post on many speaker diy website not about super maket website :lol:

• rottbull
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #17871 by rottbull
Replied by rottbull on topic sewing vega
hi guy pow'

:lol: :thumbdown:

More
11 years 11 months ago #17872 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic sewing vega
What are you on?
What the hell is a Sewing Vega?

Do you mean Cerwin Vega, if so it's a commercial design, not a Free Speaker Plan

More
10 years 3 days ago #21640 by cristobal1446
Replied by cristobal1446 on topic sewing vega
Friend this is the plane of Serwin TS42 vega bass 21 " measurements are in inches width is 24" but I would go up to the ab plane measures 36 feet in saber thank
Attachments:

More
9 years 6 months ago #22157 by robwood209
Replied by robwood209 on topic sewing vega
so this is the closest ive came to any info on "Cerwin" vega you refered to it as commercial am i fukt in trying to find the right enclosure for my sewing vegers

More
9 years 6 months ago #22158 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic sewing vega
We respect intellectual property rights here. No one here is going to steal plans for you. If you have drivers already and can post TS parameters and how you intend to use those speakers we should have someone around here that can direct you to suitable plans. There may be existing clone plans for CVs that are different enough to be legal, but I don't know of them. If you have genuine Cerwin Vega drivers there are probably numerous plans they will work in....they are really good drivers! Best of Luck!

More
9 years 6 months ago #22159 by robwood209
:huh: i totally understand that and original cerwin like boxes are not what im looking for i should have been a lil more clear. im looking for anything thats gonna provide the best performance for my xl12s.i like the idea of the tline boxes of any size but cant seem to get any help.. as for genuine ? idk the seral number stickers are still on the magnets and the date stamp says 1990. id hope they are especially giving the fact that i picked up the pair for 30 bucks(plus the refoaming i had done.) ive already bought a sheet of MDF thinking id find plans for a good enclosure but i cant even seem to get the full list of speaker specs to move forward. so ive stuck them in an old mtx box n i cant seem to get it sounding good.

im just a starving musician whos trying to get help on a suitable setup nothing more. sorry if i offended or crossed any lines.
Attachments:

More
9 years 6 months ago #22161 by bjm362
Replied by bjm362 on topic sewing vega
I don't think anyone was offended. you did kind of cross a line we don't allow, but I think it was understood that you just didn't realize.

Drivers have what what we call TS parameters. TS or short for Thiele Small. Named for A. Neville Thiele and Richard H. Small who initially developed them. Those parameters allow people and programs to extrapolate how a specific driver will work in a given enclosure.
That being the case however, they still work somewhat differently in different enclosures as well as the external acoustic environment. So recommending enclosure plans requires all the information. I.E. TS parameters, type of content, Indoors/outdoors and audience size.

There are some very cool designs here. I don't know off hand how well those drivers will work with them. Designs are going to be optimized for drivers with a specific range of parameters. To far out of spec and you can create something relatively useless. as far as I know you are still welcome to participate here and even see if there are suitable plans depending on your situation.
If you need really detailed plans for a first time builder Bill Fitzmaurice has a site that sells plans, some easy enough for first time builders. The deal there is they are not free though.
Bill fitzmaurice does not design cabinets to suit an individuals existing drivers. They have parameter specific plans too.
The Speakers you have pictured are probably in very good enclosures for their intended use. You are however right in thinking you may be able to get more out of them with the right design if your intended use is different. That being an unknown we really can't make a recommendation though.
If you really want help I would suggest you search for the info on the drivers (most people are going to presume if you don't do that part yourself, you really aren't serious anyway) and tell us what you are trying to accomplish.
You should however be prepared just in case your expectations are higher than their capability!
I hope that helps some!

More
9 years 6 months ago #22170 by robwood209
B) ya totally new to the ts parameters but understand that they exist and serve an extensive purpose when it comes to choosing enclosures. My only problem is that cv from what I've found dose not provide me with a full list of parameters. I researched my mbquart subs and a full legible list was provided. As for money I'm totally down to donate to the cause. I'm an experienced woodworker so that's no problem I could whip up some enclosures lick a dee split but didn't want to thereafter find what I was really looking for. My hopes were that some member here would have had knowlage on my drivers n would help out. I'm a determined goal driven individual but lack the communicational skills online lol brother I thank you for your time n will look into your recommendations have a great one

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds